Packers LB Clay Matthews Says He's 'An Awesome Player, Not A Dirty Player'

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by DaBears22, Sep 12, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

All Clay Matthews wanted to talk about Thursday was the Green Bay Packers' upcoming game against the Washington Redskins.

The linebacker said as much in response to questions about his late hit on San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick on Sunday, whether he was fined for it, his reaction to comments made by 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh and the suggestion that he might be a dirty player.

It was the last of those questions that finally drew a response.

"Next game!" Matthews yelled and then smiled. "I'm an awesome player, not a dirty player."

It was Matthews' first session with reporters since Harbaugh on Monday described Matthews' hit on Kaepernick as a "clothesline to the neck area when our quarterback's six, seven feet out of bounds."

After the game, Matthews conceded it was not a smart play.

Source: ESPN

2. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

If you say so, Fabio

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Shut up Clay!

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Totally unbiased comment.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

wow, didn't realize he was this obnoxious

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

He's awesome, not obnoxious.

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

did anyone see the interview? He just wanted them to stop asking about it, he said that after being asked 4 times if he was a dirty player and being asked to respond to harbaughs comments.

Not as obnoxious as the article makes it seem imo

8. Badger

Badger Rookie

Clay is an awesome player and theres nothing in his history to suggest he's a dirty player, so Clay isnt wrong. As for the, "awesome" comment. He's from southern California, thats how they talk.
    They were totally fishing for a comment and I give Clay credit for being smart enough to not take the bait. Unlike Harbaugh, the Packers have show class in not getting caught up in the drama that Harbaugh and the Niners have tried to create in the media.

9. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Unfortunate they couldn't show this "class" you speak of during the game. Bunch of clowns and I do hope SF plays them again in the playoffs, to be the team that sends them back to Wisconsin again

10. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

that late hit didnt even give the 9ers yards, infact the offset penalties should have made it 4th and 2. mathews is not a dirty player compared to actual dirty players.

btw

its sooo classy for the 9ers coach to snitch about every god **mn thing before and after every game even after his team wins the game.

i dont watch football for class acts

11. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

U mad? lol NFL acknowledged that Staley shouldn't have been handed a penalty, so no it shouldn't have been 4th down. That wasn't the only "business" the Pack dealt that day. and what the hell is an actual dirty player? one that plays dirty??! hmmm.. I'm glad Harbaugh dug in on Clay's bs. Damn NFL still hasn't done anything about it, even though they've picked several others to fine for the same crap. I don't watch football for class acts either, but your other pack buddy wants to call out for it, so I'll help set it straight.

Packers and fans had sooooo much to say about what GB was going to do to the Niners before the game. But even after the loss, yall can't handle the truth

I stand corrected.. NFL just fined him 15k! BOOM

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  12. Badger

Badger Rookie

Exactly. The only clown in they game was Harbaugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

I've never heard so much whining about a hit...that really wasn't that bad...lol.

14. ram29jackson

ram29jackson sports spectator

LOL at bunch of clowns comment. SF still doesn't have a SB win with current unit and GB does so SF got a ways to go yet.

AR is a great QB and the SF kid has yet to prove any true long term success