Packers May Be Interested In Cowboys RB Marion Barber?

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Oct 17, 2010.

1. On his twitter page, ESPN's Chris Mortensen speculates if the Cowboys lose today, the team could place running back Marion Barber on the trade block and the Packers could be interested. This report is pure speculation, but makes sense as Barber is struggling and holding back Felix Jones' development, while the Packers could use a power back that can move the chains.

Source: RotoTimes

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2010
  2. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

won't happen....

3. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Packers would maybe give up a 7th for him.

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

and he has to play for food and shelter

5. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i guy is good if used correctly which of coarse the DC dont

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I should hope not.

Packers should be scrambling to pick up any decent back they can at any reasonable cost, especially with Finley out for the season. That's 2 huge hits to their offense and they need to make something happen to alleviate it somewhat. They clearly don't trust Jackson or anyone else on the roster as a runner, but they're going to have to run the ball somewhat reliably moving forward. They can get most the production they need to replace Finley out of their backup TE platoon IMO, but the lack of a running game is going to hurt more and more as the season goes on.

7. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Lol the deal wouldn't be done for a 7th I can tell you that much.

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Our backup platoon is down to #3...

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

will JJ take a conditional draft pick in the 2057 nfl draft? Maybe TT would give away picks if they are far enough in the future that he will be retired...........