Packers NT B.J. Raji Not Impressed With Bears C Olin Kreutz

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Dec 11, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Olin Kreutz's six Pro Bowl appearances apparently haven't impressed Packers rookie defensive lineman B.J. Raji. The ninth overall pick told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that he expects to handle the veteran Bears center when the teams match up on Sunday. "It's nothing physical, it's all technical," Raji told the paper. "I'm stronger than the guy. I mean, that's not really talking (smack); he's just fast. That's not his game, really, strength. He's more trying to out-leverage you, get around you. Once I get the feel of that then the game will come a lot easier. Raji has not played nose tackle much this season, but may need to fill in for the injured Ryan Pickett opposite Kreutz this weekend. "It's not going to take me a whole (game) to get used to him moving," he told the paper. "Football's football. He's not going to change the way he plays because there's a new nose on him. He's going to play the way he's been playing. So what I watch on film, it's probably going to help me out the most, really."

Source: USA Today

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Way to put yourself under the microscope, dude. See ya' on SportCenter.

3. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

doubt it, maybe if jay culter and the bears actully had a good record or good team going........ rookies need to shut up and play but when it comes to the 09 bears.... ya they can't back their crap ... 20 what picks?

4. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Hilarious that a rookie is talking smack about a veteran, lol.

5. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Raji can back it up, hes been huge for us this yr...as has been everyone on our defense..

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Kreutz is not the player he once was. If Raji was playing 3 years ago it would be different, but I think he needs to be humble and keep his mouth shut.

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

How could you not be impressed? The dude has been the benchmark for all centers to come after him.

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

STFU and play football

9. DaBearsrule4ever

Yeah, that STILL DOES NOT give a rookie the right to open his big fat mouth. Come up huge year after year and then we'll talk.

10. markaz

I think we'll all watch Raji and check the stats after the game. If he dominates then he backed it up and remains a big mouthed rookie. If he doesn't, then he learns a lesson.:nonono:

11. DaBearsrule4ever

Thats stats after the game tomorrow won't mean anything. Raji could be a one hit wonder for all I know. Then again, he might not be a one hit wonder. Kreutz is obviously at towards the end of his career who has gone to pro bowl after pro bowl after pro bowl.

12. markaz

Agree. But my confidence is in a seasoned Pro Bowler who reads this smack and not rely solely on the past. Whatever, it'll be fun to watch.

13. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

raji is going to get his chances for years. both guys will be around for a few years. NT has a job to do, its not about stats really. look for sacks and tfls i guess, but to me this game is alllll about the ground game. will they keep it running or are we going to get up to 23 picks for ol jay day cutler....?