Packers Players Want To Play To Win Vs. Cardinals

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by ravenfan52, Dec 28, 2009.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Though McCarthy said he hadn’t decided how he’ll approach the regular-season finale at Arizona, a sampling of players in the locker room following the Seahawks game showed overwhelmingly that they want to play to win. “We want to finish 11-5,” receiver Donald Driver said. “That’s our goal. You can’t sit guys down. That’s really up to Mike anyway. If guys want to play, I think he should let us play. We’ve got to keep our offense rolling.” The Packers can do no better than the No. 5 seed and are assured of playing a wild-card game on the road. “I always play for pride,” safety Atari Bigby said. “I hope the rest of the team feels the same way.” Keeping players healthy is the chief concern, but the decision is complicated because the Packers could face the Cardinals again in the opening round of the playoffs, and if Sunday’s game is meaningless in terms of playoff seeding, McCarthy wouldn’t want to show Arizona anything it could use to its benefit in the playoff game.

Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette

2. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

i'd sit woodson the whole game. rodgers and the rest of the main starters out after the first seris in the 3rd..... come on now its playoff time, any one really think we are going to see warner and fitz the whole game?

3. iknowkungfu

iknowkungfu Rookie

I think we'll be lucky to see Fitz at all given his knee injury...

I'm undecided on what I want us to to!!