Packers QB Aaron Rodgers Excited About Perfect Preseason

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by WC Jerome, Aug 30, 2009.

1. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

Aaron Rodgers is excited, and the Green Bay Packers quarterback says it’s OK for the team’s fans to be, too. The Packers are 3-0 in the preseason after Friday night’s 44-37 victory at Arizona, and Rodgers has been nearly flawless, too: His 151.1 passer rating is 7.2 points shy of what the NFL considers statistical perfection.

Source: Associated Press

2. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

preason doesn't mean crap, but the way aaron has been flinging that ball as a packer fan yuo have to be excited for a good year

3. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Preseason might give a little bit of confidence to start the season. But the Pack gave up 500yds passing against the Cards in a 44-37 win. I love those high scoring games.

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Most of them during the second half, when the PS tryouts got some time to prove themself.

But then again, the D was our biggest problem last season and the switch to 3-4 won't make it easier to improve

5. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

I read somewhere that the version of the 3-4 that the Packers are running has a lot of 1-gap responsibilities, so the players are picking it up pretty well. I think Capers will get it under control and they are going to have a really good year. Even if they don't, you have to like the chances that offense has in a shootout anyway.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I agree...

But wait...look at the AFC last season...
    Dolphins (3-1 - preseason) then win division, Steelers (3-1) win division, Titans (3-1) win division, Chargers (3-1) win division.

Now look at the NFC...lol...
    Redskins (3-2) LAST, Lions (4-0) LAST, Bucs (3-1) Third, Seahawks (3-1) Third.

So it matters in the AFC. In the NFC it's a death wish...

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Their Defense has been ridiculous so far...in the preseason...:icon_cool:

8. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

what does it matter if its preseason or not..its still against starting offenses...one of which is the defending nfc champs..and as far as giving up 37 point to the cardinals...it was our 3rd string, practice squad players..lol.. leinert would have gotten smoked as did warner, had he faced our 1st string D.

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

First stringers start the last preseason game?

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not usually...

11. charon112233

charon112233 Starter

This is funny

I just love when people look at preseason team stats cause that doesn't mean anything. Lienhart had 360 yards passing agains people taht probably wont make the packers team. That doesn't mean anything the thing I am happy about is the way Aaron Rodgers is playing and the way our number one defense is playing. They have kept all preseason opponents to only 10 points total.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

I am getting sick of saying this. I don't care that we went three and 0 what I care about is how our team is playing 1 and 2nd string. and the starters are playing so well that it looks good

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Aaron Rodgers is just been playing so well it's amazing. What's more amazing is that we should have had him but Nolan changed his mind at the last minute...dumbbutt.

13. Bruiser

Bruiser Starter

The Lions were excited last year also.

Only team to go a perfect 4-0 in the preseason, look at how that panned out for them

0-16

1 person likes this.
  14. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut every now and then.....:icon_cheesygrin:

15. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Is this what you expect for the Bears this season? :icon_cool:

16. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

If we still had Wrex/Orton yes....LOL

17. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Indeed, the Bears did a great job bringing Cutler to Chicago and now with the Old man at Minnesota, this will be an interesting season