Packers QB Aaron Rodgers Not Interested In Topping Drew Brees' Deal

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Jul 19, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers doesn't sound in a hurry to negotiate his next contract. That’s a good thing for the Packers. With three years left on a six-year, $65 million contract he signed in 2008, Rodgers is a bargain by today’s standards. Drew Brees recently signed a five-year, $100 million deal with the Saints, making him the NFL’s highest-paid player. Yet, Rodgers had no plans to race into the office of Packers general manager Ted Thompson. "That (contract) stuff takes care of itself," Rodgers told Ian Rapoport of NFL.com and NFL Network. "I still have a few years left on my deal, and we’ll talk about that when we get there."

Source: Sporting News

2. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Good for him. Brees didn't say anything about it until his was up. Glad to see Rodgers taking that approach. He's obviously worth more than what he's getting but he's getting paid, he's happy. Good man.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

...not yet...

4. buffalobillsfan1

buffalobillsfan1 2nd String

He is not greedy like Brees and he is a ten times better QB.

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

10x better? really?

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

:laughy32:

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Yay the troll is finally back again.

8. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

makes no sense to do it now. by the time his contract comes back up he will make more than that. As far as being 10x better that is the most asinine remark I have heard. Brees isn't greedy. If so he would have held out for more money. He got fair market value. You are just pissed because your team sucks.

9. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Rodgers may be on the better team then Brees but he's not ten times better. Thats just flat out ridiculus.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

He is better, though.

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

rodgers is better, i think definitely better but 10x? lol

rodgers will probably get a $120 million deal in 2 years

12. buffalobillsfan1

Brees is a system QB, you put him on any other team he would not have near the success. That is why the Chargers let him go.

13. Chipper10

Oh, a system QB? Is that why he spreads the ball around to people you've never heard of before? Or the fact that he changed the whole dynamic of that team? You're a fool to think he's a "system" QB. How do you know Rodgers is not? He's only played for the Packers. You have no logic in your statement.

To say Rodgers is 10x better when Brees broke the passing record..as well as many other records last season? Yep. Go ahead, make yourself look like a fool.

And, I guess Rivers isn't a good QB either, because he hasn't won anything in SD either. Hmm.

14. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Actually the reason the Chargers dealt Brees to the Saints was because "many" doctors that the Chargers talked to said that Brees had a 25% chance that he wouldn't regain full arm strength and since the Chargers were already paying Rivers big money, Brees was expendable and off he went to New Orleans.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

Rodgers may be better, but not 10x and there's nothing that says Rodgers isn't a "system QB." You never know...

As for Brees being a "system" guy...lol. Okay.

If Rodgers is 10x better than Brees, he must be 10000000x better than Vince Young and that leaves the Bills where?!?

16. buffalobillsfan1

The Saints throw the ball every down, that is why he got the passing yards in a season record. The super bowl he won is tainted (bounty gate). Mannings, Brady, Rodgers, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Stafford and Newton are all better QBs.

17. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

You need to look at tape, not just stats. Brees throws the ball perfectly, looks great in the pocket, and turns average receivers into great ones. That system is a success because he is the qb. Way more than the opposite.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Newton is better than Brees? LMAO...

19. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

He's trolling. Stop engaging this guy in crap like this and the ridiculous claims we all know are total bullcrap will happen less frequently (I would hope).

Memo to the Saints: go back two weeks, release Brees and grab Vince Young and you'll have one more fan.

20. Chipper10

:rofl:

That's all that needed to be seen to show that you know nothing about the BS you're spewing. And if you think both Mannings are better than Brees..as well as Cam, Roethlisberger...just, no.