Packers Rookie SS Morgan Burnett Poised To Replace Atari Bigby?

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Jun 13, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The longer Atari Bigby stays away from the Green Bay Packers’ offseason program, the better Morgan Burnett’s chances of winning a starting job. With Bigby absent because he hasn’t signed his restricted free agent tender, Burnett has taken all the snaps at strong safety with the starting defense during the organized team activities and the way Burnett has performed, he might not be just keeping Bigby’s seat warm. The third-round draft pick from Georgia Tech, who made a name for himself in college by taking the ball away, has continued his playmaking ways so far in OTAs. Though he’s still learning the Packers’ version of the 3-4 defense, his instincts have already come through in his play. In all three of the OTA practices that have been open to the media, Burnett has made at least one big play. “He’s learning; he’s growing,†Packers coach Mike McCarthy said after Wednesday’s OTA. “I do like his assertiveness, particularly in his communication skills, and that’s very important at the safety position. Athletically, he’s a young man with a bright future. You can just see the athletic ability, both on special teams and defense. He’s still learning the defense, and he’s doing a good job of that.â€

Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette

2. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Give this guy a chance. He can't be worse than Atari

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

exactly. it cracks me up that atari is refusing to sign his tender ......... he does realize he's atari bigby, right?

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

I doubt it Captain, I doubt it....