Packers TE Jermichael Finley Says Injury Won't End His Career

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Oct 29, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

In a first-person account for Sports Illustrated, Packers tight end Jermichael Finley said he plans on playing football again after sustaining a neck injury that saw him temporarily lose feeling in his body.

"Of course I plan to play football again," Finley wrote. "This is what I love to do. I love the game. I love Sundays. Based on the feedback I’ve received from doctors at this point, the question is not if I’ll play again, but when. There is no better feeling in the world than making the 'Lambeau Leap' into the stands, and I fully intend on having that surreal feeling again soon. I will do everything in my power to rehab and get back to the player I have been, and improve into the player I know I can be."

It was a scary sight when Finley was placed on a stretcher in a game against Cleveland.

Source: National Football Post

SteveRobWhatever's Take: You hope the best for Finley. The doctors haven't said either way on if he can ever resume his career, so anything right now is pure speculation. Finley reportedly has a tax-free $10M insurance policy if he can't resume his NFL career. If he can't, at least he was smart enough to cover himself financially.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Hopefully the guy is okay. Has a good attitude so far...