Packers Want To Beat Vikings For Aaron Rodgers

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Oct 2, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings said many in the team's locker room want to win the game to support Rodgers, who came under fire from some fans when Favre left Green Bay. "Aaron, in my eyes, wasn't treated the best," Jennings said, via the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. "And it wasn't his fault. It wasn't like he kicked Brett out of here. He was just the guy that was taking his spot. Unfortunately he didn't get welcomed by some and for some he did. But there's definitely that drive to want to win it for him."

Source: USA Today

2. GJDMQYB

GJDMQYB Guest

Vikes 35 Packers 14

3. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

are you kidding? 35-14? If we lose..it will be close..no way its a blow out. The last how many games against the vikes we've bottled up AP. Wont be any different this time, even with favre.

4. dough21

dough21 Go Pack Go!!!

Green Bay's won 5 out of the last 6 games against the Vikings. If Adrian Peterson doesn't go ape crap on them, I see no reason why Green Bay shouldn't be able to win this game.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i agree with jennings. rodgers was put in a very difficult situation. that's what makes his productive play even that much more incredible .............. i have a lot of respect for rodgers .................. i predicted he was going to flame out with the pressure on him.

6. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

okay, this is all nice and all.. but i'm sure there's a vice versca, and the vikings not only want to win it for themself, but they want to win it for Brett.

7. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I'm thinking high scoring BUT way WAY closer then that.

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

I just want them to win this game...

9. cris80

cris80 comic relief

Me too! Oh, wait, the good guys that is. :icon_cheesygrin:

It's a blessing and a curse to have your team on Monday night. It's great to have the spotlight, and to have something to look forward to at the end of a long day at work. But at the same time it sucks waiting through the weekend to watch your team to play.

This should be a fun game to watch!

10. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Nothing like playing into the story line. :icon_rolleyes:

Just what Rodgers needs, more pressure to show he belongs instead of #4.

11. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

I wouldn't say the Packers bottled up Peterson in the four games they've faced him. 452 yards on 72 carries (6.3 yards per carry) for 2 touch downs. 191 yards on 32 carries and a touchdown in the last match. The only game he didn't rush for over 100 yards against the Pack is when he got injured.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's a good analysis...lol...

Whose to say that the Vikings don't Want To Beat The Packers For Brett Favre?

13. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

I agree. The vikings secondary isnt good this year, sf proved that, and we have way too explosive of recievers to not score more that 14 points. It will be close, losing team will lose by a field goal or less.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

452 yards and only 2 touchdowns isnt that impressive imo. The rushing yds sure...but only 2 tds over a 5 or 6 game streak against the pack is fine. Ryan grant has more tds against the vikes than AP does against us.

14. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Yea but having #4 back there should change that red zone efficiency a bit.

15. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Where do you get 5 or 6 games? As far as I know, they only play each other twice a year....... 452 yards and 2 touchdowns in four games isn't that impressive, but I'll take the 295 and 2 touchdowns in his last two games vs the Packers. Ryan Grant has put up 303 yards and 2 TDs against the Vikes in his career......

16. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

This is gonna be a very interesting game