Packers WR Donald Driver Wants To Keep Playing Until He's 40

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Driver reiterated Tuesday he hopes to play until he’s 40, and perhaps beyond. Considering there have been only 51 players to play pro football at 40 or older, and only one has been a receiver — Jerry Rice — that alone would put Driver in a class by himself in Packers lore. He became the team’s all-time receptions leader this season, surpassing Sterling Sharpe, and needs just 507 yards to break James Lofton’s team record for all-time yardage. Were Driver play five more years, he could put those marks out of reach.

Source:
    Green Bay Press-Gazette

2. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

He's in good enough shape, and not injury prone, he can probably do it.

3. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

he was one of the mosty trusty pass catchers, now it seems like he lost a step. he had some great catches this year but also some drops and fumbles that were drive killers..... DD is def one of my favs, but i wouldn't mind seeing him as third wr or slot and bring in some youth....

4. n1gbpackfan

The fumble he had against the Cards, I believe was his first in two seasons, not sure were I read that, but I remember seeing the stat.

5. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

So who will play longer, Favre or Driver :rofl:

6. n1gbpackfan

ha ha, good question, Favre will play till he's in a wheelchair, and he would probably still want to play!

7. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

I wish I could have retired at 40. Geeez what a goal these guys have. :icon_eek: :icon_cheesygrin:

8. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Good luck

9. ushp

ushp Rookie

DD is in a class of his own. One of my favorite packers for sure. I hope he realizes that goal!