Packers, WR Greg Jennings Close To A New Contract

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by MediaGuy, Jun 22, 2009.

1. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

The Green Bay Packers are in contract negotiations with Greg Jennings and are close to agreeing to a new deal, the veteran wide receiver said Monday after minicamp practice. Jennings warned that a breakdown was still possible. Nevertheless, this was the first time he had publicly been so optimistic about a potential new contract with the team since he began seeking a new deal at the conclusion of the 2008 season. "We've been working on some things. We're coming pretty close, as far as my understanding is, to some type of a deal," Jennings said. "But when I say close, we could still be far . . . if that makes sense. But I think we're coming close. You just never know how long 'close' can take to actually closing the deal."

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

2. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

I like Jennings. I hope he gets hooked good, he deserves it.

3. multibeast

multibeast Special Teamer

having him and Rodgers as QB / WR last year in fantasy football was a great combo. i approve of this.

4. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

I will definitely agree.. He deserves a good contract, hes got magic hands, and hes not talked about as much as he should be. Hes a good guy fosho. :icon_cheesygrin:

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's time Jennings gets paid. He may not catch the most balls in the league but his total yards and ypc are excellent. I've always really liked the way Jennings plays.

6. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Hes got some sick catches too..

7. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

hope he gets paid..but not too much as i can see Roddys extension being based on this.

8. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

:dance04:About damn time!!! :clap: