Palmer or Taylor DraftKings

Discussion in 'Daily Fantasy Football' started by SNPokc, Sep 11, 2015.

1. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

I'm going for a very contrarian lineup on my Thurs-Mon lineup. I'm going all or nothing trying to take down top prize in the $3 $100k to first. Made this lineup before the optimizer was out.

QB Tyrod Taylor $5000
    RB Chris Ivory $4100
    RB Dion Lewis $3000(16 pts)1.3% owned
    WR Dez Bryant $8700
    WR Jarvis Landry $5600
    WR Demaryius Thomas $9100
    TE Rob Gronkowski $7000 (32.4 pts)23.4% owned
    FLEX Brandon Coleman $3000
    DST Dolphins $3000

I have $1500 remaining. I'm comfortable leaving that on the table, that being said. I can afford to get Carson Palmer. Based upon the entries I've see on FanDuel, if there is any type of correlation between DK and FD Palmer appears to be very lowly owned. Tyrod Taylor appears to have people gambling on him. Taylor only needs to get 17-19 points to hit a good value to take down the prize. Palmer would need around 24-26. (this is based upon an arbitrary number, I chose 3.7x)

So I guess it comes down to, who scores more points this week Palmer vs NO or Taylor vs IND

2. SNPokc

Other option would be to switch out Brandon Coleman for either Stevie Johnson or Danny Woodhead.

3. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Stay with Coleman, he could win the tourny for you.. Palmer will feast on New Orleans.. let's say 300 yards 3 touchdowns. Pryor could be looking at 190 yards 1 TD 3 picks - 90 yards rushing 1 TD. That sounds about right.. But on the flip side I remember RG3 as a rookie tearing up the Saints, could Pryor have the same luck against Indy?

Saints are down their top safety and top DB... New Orleans will put up points and it could become a score fest... what does the optimal line tool say about each matchup? What the vegas o/u and line between the two game in question?

4. Kurt

5. SNPokc

Can't login on my phone to check the lineup tool. Either forgot my password or email I'll figure it out later. (I can use it on my pc)But every projection I've looked at is similiar for both.

That projected score you gave with Taylor is about 20pts. 24 with palmer. Still debating it. I feel like Palmer will be lower owned..

Glad yall agreed with me about Coleman. Brees was looking his way everytime in the redzone during the preseason. Guess I'm just uneasy with an unproven rookie, but in dfs risk is good.

I'll probably change to Palmer. Matchup seems nicer and lower owned. Lots of people on reddit seem high on Taylor with his minimum price. Hope i don't regret it.

6. Kurt

Contrarian goes both ways... evil and good =)

SNPokc likes this.
  7. Kurt

good luck with the projection tool on your phone.. you really need an IPAD or larger screen to use it effectively and the algorithm runs in your browers - which means the phone CPU could probably only handle about 5 lineups at a time max -