Patriots LB Tedy Bruschi To Announce His Retirement

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by SRW, Aug 30, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Al Michaels of NBC's Sunday Night Football announced that Patriots veteran linebacker Tedy Bruschi will announce his retirement tomorrow. A 13-year veteran of the NFL, Bruschi has played his entire career with the Patriots and has won three Super Bowl rings; he has played on five of the six Patriots teams to reach the Super Bowl. Bruschi was a third round pick out of Arizona in 1996 and was a two-time Pro Bowler (2004, 2005) as well as the NFL's Comeback Player Of The Year in 2005 after he returned from a mild stroke.

Source: GridironFans.com

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

He was a good one. Good luck in retirement, Tedy.

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

He had a great career good time to end it.

4. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

It is time. He had a great run. Got 3 rings and more than enough money. Probably going to be seeing him on the screen somewhere in the future.

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Nice long career with setbacks, and high points.

Congrats on an awesome career, you deserve your time off now.

6. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Belicheater was like, do you want to retire or are we going to have to cut you? lol

7. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

I'm really sad about this one. He has been our leader for a lot of years, and it won't be quite the same without him. He said he would retire a Patriot, and it looks like he will.

8. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

It is all good Dawg. Nothing lasts for ever. And I got one coming up with #52. You hate to lose a Homie that has been there for the duration. Next Man Up!

9. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Bruschi was a great player, I liked him cause he was a winner a very very consistent player. I also think it's a good time for him to call it a day, and walk away.

10. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

my first thoughts too

wheres harvs..."theres no way they would go into a season without the leadership of bruschi and harrison"

i always thought bruschi was kind of a pr**k...but whatever he was a good player, not great...but he could probably sneak into canton eventually since the little stroke/plug in his heart is a cute story

11. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Most linebackers are pr**ks. They are on a search and destroy mission, and I think they enjoy it. However, if you are looking for a roll model for a kid, Bruschi would be a good one. Great family man with 4 kids, all by the same woman, that he's still married to. Didn't use an agent. Walked into negotations with a, what are you going to pay me attitude, signed, and left. That's refreshing now days. He got the absolute most out of his athletic ability with hard work, and giving it his all on every play. He was a total team player,and his passion for the game brought the level up of all his teamates.

12. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Good point to retire for him. I liked him and didn't want to see his career fade away, like other players did.

13. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Pats LB Bruschi Retires After 13 NFL Seasons

Pats LB Bruschi retires after 13 NFL seasons
    Associated Press
    Updated: August 31, 2009, 12:10 PM EDT

FOXBOROUGH, Mbutt. (AP) - Tedy Bruschi retired Monday after a 13-year NFL career in which he won three Super Bowl titles with the New England Patriots and made a gallant return from a stroke.

FULL STORY
    Pats LB Bruschi retires after 13 NFL seasons - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN

14. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

15. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Rep for the Pats to give him a choice to retire. To see him cut would have been sad. Great football player, even if he played for a cheater.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

From the field to the coaching staff is where this guy should go...

17. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

It's a sad day, I really thought he'd be around another year...but he's is the epitomy of what a pro athlete should be, and his career was great...and K Train how is a gy that doesn't have an agent, negotiates his own contracts, is a perfect guy in the locker room, and a model citizen a pr**k?...you don't even have to bring up the stroke which was amazing in itself. I'm glad everyone else hear seems to see Tedy for what he is on and off the field...kudos to you guys.

18. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

I wonder when Mayo steps up to be the leader:icon_confused:

19. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Good career, don't pull a Brett Favre though!

20. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

he was the defensive player of the year last year, and hes wearing the defensive headset on the field already. I'd say he's pretty damn close.