Patriots QB Tom Brady Named AFC Offensive Player Of The Week

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by Harvs01, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week, the team announced today. Brady engineered a comeback victory over the Buffalo Bills on Monday night. Brady completed 39 of 53 pass attempts for 378 yards and two touchdowns.

Source: National Football Post

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

great return for brady and already receiving more awards. geez .......... some guys have it ............... bigben and reggie wayne get honorable mentions ..................

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

It should have been Wayne.

4. cover the spread

cover the spread beastin'

um, how was it not brees?

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Seriously? Brees is in the NFC NOT the AFC.

6. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

I didn't see the game, so this is the first time I found out about Brady's stats. He threw 53 passes? That's a ridiculous amount.

7. SpankyNoodle

SpankyNoodle Can't Spank the Spank

Good job Tom!!! Looked great!! No long bombs. Great to see you back in the saddle again!!

8. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

I hope Tom Terrific has kept up with good personal hygiene because the Media verbal fellation has already started. Guh. How good would he have looked if McKelvin's coaches had the forethought to tell him to take a knee? WOuld have killed the drive more than likely. Meh...I'm still not that impressed. Yes...he looked good late in the second half with his release and his patience and timing. If the Bills didn't gift wrap it, how would the media justify the mouthing of his tender bits in public?

9. cover the spread

my bad, I read the headline quick and didn't notice the "AFC"

10. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

only in the last 5 minutes did he hit his stride. he shouldnt have gotten this.

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

game gets handed to them and all of the sudden no one can stop talking about brady....ben has no running game and carries the team on his shoulders and gets nothing.

keep talking about brady i guess

12. cover the spread

after the titans game one sportscaster said that big ben was making a case for mvp. as for games being handed to a team, if one of the league's best kickers doesn't miss 2 fgs when one would have been the difference the steelers would have lost

13. blkngldbabe

When If's and buts are candy and nuts we can worry about it. IF Hines doesn't fumble..etc. Doesn't matter didnt' happen.

1 person likes this.
  14. cover the spread

I wasn't trying to say the steelers got lucky, I was just trying to compare situations. the steelers blocked bironas's second attempt and meriweather made a smart heads-up play to force the fumble. both qb's were helped out by their special teams

15. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

um, so i take it that youre not a fan of big ben because a lot of times ben doesn't look very good until the end of the game either ................ ??? all brady and ben do is win and that's what you want out of a qb. jeff george was a more mechanically sound qb than brady or ben but he couldn't win.

16. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

:icon_rolleyes: What gets me is all the talk about RUST. He completed 39 passes for 385 yards with 2 TD's. Just where do they draw the line on rust, and what do they EXPECT out of this guy? There is a different standard with Brady than the rest of the QB's in the NFL. If Cutler would have had Brady's stats, he would have been the next coming of Jesus in Chicago.

17. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

its different...they make those FGs, its a one score game and ben was playing out of his mind.

the bills really had a chance to drive a nail in the coffin and they blew it, the titans couldnt really put the steelers away, the steelers blew a chance to put them away and left it to a coin toss

18. cover the spread

"If Cutler would have had Brady's stats, he would have been the next coming of Jesus in Chicago."

the media annointed him that back in april

19. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

The rust is from how piss poor his passes were at the beginning of the game. As I said Wayne should have one the award.

20. blkngldbabe

I have no problem with the way Ben OR BRady plays. He wouldn't have had the chance is all, if the Bills couldn't heck up a free lunch we wouldn't be having this conversation. I think you may have misunderstood my comments. Brady is a very efficient and more than capable QB and can orchestrate well timed drives with little effort. That being said, Tom Terrific gets his jock ridden at every opportunity regardless of the play on the field is all.