Patriots RB Fred Taylor Says Jaguars Might Be Better Off In L.A.

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by ravenfan52, Dec 23, 2009.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Former Jacksonville Jaguars running back Fred Taylor says the Jaguars might find themselves in Los Angeles and jokingly said he was putting in a bid for a job. Taylor, who played with the Jaguars from 1998 until being released after the 2008 season, challenged Jaguars fans during a conference call on Wednesday by saying the team probably would be better off moving. "Sometimes the truth hurts," said Taylor, who gets his first crack at his old team after missing 10 games with an ankle injury when he and the New England Patriots host the Jaguars Sunday. "It can be played either way in that the fans want the team to stay there, they have to show that they want the team to stay there." Taylor, who participated fully in practice Wednesday for the first time since being sidelined, said the league has made it clear a team eventually will be in Los Angeles and because of attendance problems, the Jaguars might be the choice. "I don't know what's going to be a decision maker or breaker but you look at average attendance and whatever have you at the end of the day they're going to find a team to take out there," he said. "I don't want to offend anyone. Never do, but you've got to be realistic."

Source: ESPN.com

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

:word:

3. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

Should the Jags move, what will the Division re-aligning look like?

4. The Jaguars could possibly move to the NFC West. Would make a good divisional bay area rivalry with the 49ers. To replace the Jags in the AFC South, maybe Seattle returning to the AFC?

Makes sense considering the Colts play in the AFC South and Indianapolis is in the upper Midwest.

5. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

chiefs or rams would probably go to afc south and Jacksonville would go to either afc or nfc west

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

not happening - the nfl isnt going to have a 5 team divsion leaving three in another.

this makes the most sense - to me anyway.

east - bills, jets, pats, ravens

north - steelers, browns, bengals, cheifs

south - titans, dolphins, texans, colts

west - jags, raiders, broncos, chargers

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Sounds good to me, keep it like this forever.

8. russian.tank

russian.tank BruceAlmighty2010

I'm sorry, but under moral grounds, the Raiders must play the Chiefs always. It's such an old rivalry, you can't take that away under any circumstances.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

then the nfl needs to change the division names. using regional names is not the best.

10. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I don't think they would realign the divisions because the league would want to preserve those rivalries.