Patriots Rookie QB Ryan Mallett "Partied All Night" At NFLPA's Rookie Symposium

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by BigBlueBruiser, Aug 27, 2011.

1. On the first week of training camp, New England coach Bill Belichick was in the middle working with all the quarterbacks, even Ryan Mallett. That’s not because Belichick is getting ready to replace Tom Brady tomorrow. (People close to Belichick think Mallett will never play a meaningful down for the Patriots.) “I know Bill took that kid just because he knows he can turn him into something more later on,†another general manager said. “All the concerns about that kid’s attitude … he won’t be there long enough for that to have an impact on the locker room. Bill will get him ready, put him on display in some exhibition games and then trade him away for a first-round pick or something like that.†Aside from the sordid tales of him from college, the latest story about him was the all-night partying he did at the NFL Players Association rookie symposium in Sarasota, Fla., in July, according to two sources. There’s nothing wrong with a 20-something doing a little partying, but when that’s a black mark on your reputation and you’re now trying to make it in the NFL, you’d think one would change that a little.

Source: Yahoo! Sports

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2011
  2. Exactly why did he fall to the third round again?

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

4. does this surprise anyone? Mallett is not a hard guy to figure out.

5. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

[​IMG]

LSUfreek with yet another gem.

6. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Yeah, I think we all got it BBB. But thanks for clearing that up....

7. lol Whatever dude.......

8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

So parting is no no now

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

9. If your Ryan Mallett........lol

10. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

Of course that's The Hoodie's plan. As much as I hate Brady he still has plenty of good years left so they weren't drafting Mallet to groom him as a backup just yet.

11. nwade06

nwade06 Lions in the Super Bowl!

Great talent but wont last long

12. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

did he pull a matt jones? or was this just booze?

13. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I don't see the big deal if it's not interfering with actual football activities. And I'd rather have Brian Hoyer over Ryan Mallett anyways. If Mallett turns out to be worth a high draft pick that's great.

14. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Bingo

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

meh...so the guy likes to have a couple drinks during a boring seminar...