Patriots To Consider Signing QB Michael Vick?

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by 86WARD, Jun 13, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

There's been a theory making the rounds in the media that the New England Patriots could be a perfect destination for former Falcons quarterback Mike Vick. We're now hearing that there could be something to the chatter, primarily since it's appearing more and more likely that Vick won't have many/any options to compete for the every-down quarterback job in 2009. Of course, this would require coach Bill Belichick to be willing to sign Vick to a one-year deal.

Source: SportingNews.com

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Thats stupid he should go to a team were he could start.

3. rikvanloo

rikvanloo Rookie

Never happening.... NEVER!!!

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

You sound pretty confident rikvanloo...

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

lol, who is gonna start a QB that just got out of prison and hasnt played for two years

6. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Not a good fit, and why? If anything we would sign a vet for a backup QB, who actually could play the position.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

He doesn't at all fit the Pats system. This sounds like a bunch of horsecrap.

8. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I will second rikvanloo's statement...taking on some "troubled" players is one thing, but the Kraft's are in pretty good with Goodell, and Vick lied to his faceand pretty much tried to play him as a fool. Not to mention that this guy isn't just a loud mouth or egotistical he's a flat out criminal. The Patriots don't want or need him or his baggage....FREAK MIKE VICK!!!!

9. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I could see it, they were the first victim of the Wildcat...

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Actually, a team like the Patriots is exactly what Vick needs. I've been saying it all along that the team he goes to has to have "structure." The Patriots would be a great fit for him to get his act together and get back in line. He's not going to start anywhere this season unless there is an injury and then it's still not a guarantee. New England would be a great fit for him. Now Belichick needs to decide if Vick is a good fit for the Pats...

11. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

vick isnt starting anywhere in this league BiTB

12. multibeast

multibeast Special Teamer

maybe they don't want him as a QB - maybe WR

13. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

And basically the only victim...

14. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I bet hes gotten brolic in the past 2 years and would just run people over lol.

15. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Wait.

Woah..

Hold on. Pause.

Vick's a loudmouth, boastful piece of trash? Since when? So people don't make mistakes? They're all perfect right? Because you know, he had ZERO legal trouble before this whole dogfighting thing, but now, oh now he's the worst piece of crap to ever grace the earth?

Give me a gotdamned break. He deserves as much of a chance as anyone, whether it's as a back up or whatever else.

Pacman got in trouble how many times?

Cincinnati still has a franchise correct?

Wife beaters are in the NFL.

I'm sure there are some players in the NFL (more than likely from southern cities) who have participated or seen a dog fight. All the sudden this man gets caught up in something (which is cruel, not condoning it), and he's the worst man to ever grace the Earth. He deserves a second chance, because first off as a man, he's served his debt to society.

Second off, what reason does Goodell have to keep him suspended? He's shown remorse for what he did, he's kept himself out of the spotlight since his return home. What else does he need to do?

He donates, it's passed off as publicity. He apologizes, it passes for BS. What else does he have to do?

Excuse me if I sound pissed, it's because I am.

16. multibeast

multibeast Special Teamer

I agree with AtlantaBlazer!!

17. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

He couldn't crack our lineup at wide receiver. We are loaded.

18. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Truth.

That, and I don't think he'll crack any lineup at WR.

19. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

AB, your point is super valid
    I dont see Roger letting him return, the new commish seems like a guy that carries grudges

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

AB you forgot there are players in the NFL that have killed people...other than that...you're right on my man...right on. He's done his time...get over it people.