PETA Issues Statement On Eagles, Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by 86WARD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

The animal rights group, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, wasted no time reminding people exactly what Vick had done. "PETA and millions of decent football fans around the world are disappointed that the Eagles decided to sign a guy who hung dogs from trees. He electrocuted them with jumper cables and held them under water," PETA spokesman Dan Shannon told The Associated Press. "You have to wonder what sort of message this sends to young fans who care about animals and don't want them to be harmed." Eagles head coach Andy Reid believes most Eagles fans will accept Michael Vick. "This is America. We do make mistakes," Reid said. "This situation is a chance to prove he's doing the right things. He's been proactive speaking across the country."

Source: York Daily News

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

heck you all just die in a fire

3. ketbuckfan

ketbuckfan Tressel owns Michigan

Give it a rest already PETA. He more than served his punishment for what he did. Nothing wrong with the Eagles giving him a second chance, hopefully he takes full advantage of it.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Imagine the protests outside the Linc...lol...

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

There would be fights and for fun i would drive to philly to throw rocks.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

EPIC!!!

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

PETA = High profile offenders only.........where are they when puppy mills are found weekly all over the U.S. PETA, go heck yourselves

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

They can't get attention fighting the puppy mills...come on Sweets...you know they only want the big time Hollywood light...

9. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Where the heck has PETA been over the last couple of weeks when the Vick signing rumors started? No where. And now when he finally signs, they stick their heads out of their miserable caves and spew crap out of their heck holes.

Did I mention I hate PETA?

10. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Yep, that's why I said PETA = High profile offenders only

11. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

FREAK YOU PETA !!!!

12. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

they were in canton putting flyers on ppl's cars.. saying " WANTED: NFL QB WHO KILLS DOGS " and stupid crap like that... stfu, a man served his time.. way more then what he should have.

[​IMG]

im glad he gets a 2nd chance finally, just sucks for him with who he signed with... hahaaa.

13. ball in the baskett

That jersey will definitely be mine by my birthday

14. America's Team

America's Team Starter

I thought PETA stood for People Eating Tasty Animals?

15. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I wonder how entertaining it would be to watch members of PETA get mauled by wild animals.

16. ball in the baskett

That would be awesome

17. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I hate that I agree with these nutjobs but... I do. Everyone keeps saying he served his time.... and I agree he did, BUT I look at getting millions of dollars to play a game as a right that is not as basic as freedom and I don't think there is a price you can pay to earn you back that right after the crap Vick did.

18. ball in the baskett

Get over it hes still a talented athlete and deserves to play i do not care what he did.

19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

God, I hope Eagles fans kick PETA guys' asses outside the Linc.

Hell...I'll help you, guys. First time ever you will see Eagles fans and Cowboys fans fighting together.

20. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Vick's press conference starts in a few minutes. Based on tweets from Eagles beat writers, no PETA protest there.