Peyton Manning Says He Has No Problem If Colts Draft Another QB

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by SRW, Jan 1, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Colts quarterback Peyton Manning isn’t ready to say his farewells just yet. Discussion of the Colts’ future at quarterback amplified Sunday with a 19-13 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars, which officially slotted the Colts with the No. 1 pick in the 2012 NFL Draft. Manning did not offer any predictions of the Colts’ plans, but did say he would have no problem remaining in Indianapolis even if the team adds a quarterback. "I think I can co-exist with any player I’ve ever played with," Manning said, according to the Indianapolis Star. “I think I’ve always been a good teammate that way. But to speculate on who we’re going to draft, that’s probably more for other people to do, not other players." Regardless of the team’s actions in the offseason, Manning is intent on working his way back after missing the entire 2011 season while rehabbing from his third neck surgery.

Source: NFL.com

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Of course not...

3. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I may have misread but I thought I read somewhere he was going to leave if they drafted a QB.

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

He is backtracking because it will lower the Colts bargaining power. He should be smart enough to know his best bet to win is in Indy.

5. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I feel taht way myself, if he wants to win another title he needs to stay in Indy. Anybody looking for a QB is a long way away from the playoffs.

6. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Have you seen the Chiefs defense recently?

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yeah, i don't know if i buy the argument that peyton's best place to win a title is Indy. That team has a ton of holes and they are far removed from the SB win......... it's 5 years now.

The AFC is not what it was back in that time, though, so if all he wants is to win another Super Bowl, he should stay in the AFC, but I wouldn't say the Colts necessarily give him the best chance.

I would say the Jets, Dolphins, Chiefs, Titans, Browns, Jaguars and Broncos all need upgrades at QB in the AFC and at least some of those teams are more talented than the Colts overall.

I'm just not sure Peyton would want to leave Indy.

9. Buck Fenson

I was thinking because he would have to learn a whole new offense. Not saying he couldn't do it but the odds are slim that he would succeed elsewhere. He knows the offense at Indy.

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

oh, ok. well, that's a valid point.

however, i would almost look at it conversely and say Peyton would have to teach his new teammates HIS offense because he has ostensibly been running that offense in Indy for a while now and I'm sure he would want the same amount of control or more in a new spot.

for a lot of the teams that are floundering on offense and don't have qb's, it would almost be worth the risk to give peyton that much control just to bring him in.

11. Buck Fenson

I agree with you there. Same as Denver with Tebow. It is just tougher to teach 52 men a different system rather just one guy. And in crunch time who is to say they revert back to muscle memory and run the wrong routes. I still think Peyton should stay and play for another 2 years, if he lasts that long, and by that time Luck steps in. Otherwise you have to totally scrap your offense and defense and rebuild the whole team. Get a defense that can stop the run and shorten the field with turnovers. Get you new receivers and backs that can block down field.

12. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Please see: Media blowing little comments out of proportion. It's what they do best. Peyton Manning has too much class imo to even think to be like that.