Peyton Manning Wants Colts Starters To Keep Playing

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by SRW, Dec 18, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Colts QB Peyton Manning diplomatically indicated after Thursday's 35-31 win against the Jaguars that he would like a chance to play in the next two games. "We're not going to lobby because that's not what a football team is about," Manning said in an interview with the NFL Network. "The head coach tells us what to do, and we follow his orders. Certainly players have their hopes and wishes, but it's not set up that way." Manning has stuck to the Bill Polian-Jim Caldwell script of wanting to "get better" in these final weeks and make sure all key players are health for the playoffs but with a rare 16-0 season so close now, Colts players may find the temptation of staying perfect too hard to pass up. "Caldwell makes the call, we follow," Manning said. "So we'll see what happens. But the idea is to keep working on some things so ... obviously personally I hope we (starters) still play."

Source: USA Today

2. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

He just wants to beat Brady's record.

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

And get in his head?

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Dude, getting 18 TD's in three games is next to impossible. He wants to play because in 2005 they benched the starters and then got knocked out the very first game they played.

5. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Think he means 16-0.

For my fantasy hopes, I hope they do too!

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Wasn't there fault, they lost to a better team.