Playoff Thoughts

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by PSID412USM, Jan 2, 2013.

1. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

I was bored the other day so I decided that I put some playoff thoughts together.

AFC

Cincinnati Bengals

A real mix bag team! The Bengals have beaten up a lot of bad teams but they have a great Defence that can be a hand full for anyone and also AJ Green who is one of the best receivers in the game but still I got a feel they will need a great performance to move on in the playoffs.

Denver Broncos

I got to be honest I know everyone and their mother believe that the Broncos are great since they came back from the dead in week 6 against the Chargers but I’m not buying it. They beaten up a lot of bad team since then and I wasn’t that convinced by them against the Bengals which is probably their biggest win in that period. They will probably make the title game but honestly I don’t think win it.

Indianapolis Colts

Without question the Colts are the feel good story of this NFL season coming off a season where they had the worst record in the NFL, had their coach lost to illness for most of the season and also having a rookie replace a legend they make it to the post season but honestly the defence is just too weak to hold up in the playoffs

New England Patriots

I’m just going to say it with the Gronk back in the line-up I just can’t see who can stop the Pats. I think they can run up the score on anyone and I think with their playoff experience they are the team to beat.

Baltimore Ravens

Joe Flacco claimed preseason he was elite but honestly he proved he below average and if I was the Ravens I let him go this offseason (Bring in Alex Smith) but they just seem to be in a bit of a funk I just don’t see them doing much.

Houston Texans

Boy this team defence has fallen off a cliff in recent weeks and to be honest I just don’t know if they can recover from what has basically been a collapse on a massive scale. It’s going to be an interesting time for

NFC

San Francisco 49ers

Colin Kaepernick is a good quarterback and moving forward he is going to make the 9ers a dangerous team going forward but honestly I think that the playoffs will be too much for him. The Defence had lost a key player in Justin Smith so yeah going to be tough for the 9ers.

Atlanta Falcons

I said it pre-season and I still say it now what the Falcons is what matters. Now I have to say that I think the Falcons running game is a problem and that their Defence isn’t the best still I think they going to get one win this post season but come up short in the Championship game.

Green Bay Packers

Yes they lost to the Vikings on the final day but still they have overcome bad call injures and having no run game to make the playoffs. The Packers have experience in the playoffs and that is going to be key in this tough NFC race.

Washington Redskins

At 3-6 the Skins looked dead and buried but since the bye week they been on fire Alfred Morris, Kirk Cousins and RG3 have lead the rookie charge that got them to the playoffs and the Defence it’s seems has been giving up less big plays but still I got a feeling they be a team no-one want to face.

Seattle Seahawks

No team is hotter and frankly more dangerous right then the Seahawks. I mean Pete Carroll made a gusty call in the preseason and it paid off big time. Russell Wilson is looking like a steal, the defence has been brutal recently and Marshawn Lynch has been beasting however with road issues it will be a tough road to the Superbowl.

Minnesota Vikings

Lead by my pick for the MVP race Adrian Peterson the Vikings are a team that has one style but let be honest team knows this and they still can’t stop all day. Ponder will need to step up big time if they want to make it past the wild card round.

My Superbowl pick

I think right now it’s looking like a Patriots Packers Superbowl and I would love to see it personally.

So leave thoughts (Hate comments) here

2. bossco

bossco Rookie

Sadly i am going to have to agree with you. Although i would rather see my 9ers vs broncos SB. But i just don't see Kaep pulling it out this year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

With the Cards' in the NFC West I always support the NFC West representative. So we have two, both of which are worthy candidates. But as of right now I'm a 49er's fan. I'd rather pull out my fingernails with pliers that support a Pete Carroll team.

That said, in the the NFC the Oceanchickens are playing maybe better defense than anyone in the playoffs and that offense....geez. Right now they think they can't be beaten and that kind of confidence goes a long way. (For as much as I'd like to see Tony Gonzalez get a ring, just don't think it's in the cards.)

In the AFC I think it's a coin toss between Brady and Manning. Because I'm just not 100% sold on the Pats' secondary against someone of the likes of Manning, right now I'll guess that Denver will get past NE. If they were to play that game in Foxborough then I might think differently.

Seattle vs. Denver in the SB with Oceanchickens taking it all. God I hope I'm wrong.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

for some reason, i keep thinking we're going to see a seattle vs. G.Bay re-match in the NFCCG.

Anything can and does happen at this point in the season so I'm not going to count anyone out but, if I had to guess, I like Denver, G.Bay, SanFran, or Seattle to win it all.

5. CaptainStubing

Here are the vegas odds to win it all.

The odds for Atlanta, Denver, San Fran and New England don't look real attractive. Not much payback even if they can do it.

i would place a bet on the bottom 8 teams as those are pretty good returns ........... everyone is all over seattle though .............. a #5 seed at 9 to 1

[TABLE]Denver Broncos 2/1
    New England Patriots 5/2
    San Francisco 49ers 4/1
    Atlanta Falcons 6/1
    Seattle Seahawks 9/1
    Green Bay Packers 9/1
    Houston Texans 20/1
    Washington Redskins 20/1
    Baltimore Ravens 25/1
    Cincinnati Bengals 50/1
    Minnesota Vikings 75/1
    Indianapolis Colts 80/1[/TABLE]

6. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Meh, I see Peyton tearing the Patriots secondary a new one, and Von Miller putting Brady on his back multiple times. I really don't know who comes out of the NFC though, I just don't think the Broncos can be stopped. Broncos win it all, also how can you say the Broncos have beaten bad teams yet statistically the Patriots consistently have the easiest regular season schedule and have them winning it all.

7. CaptainStubing

well, i think the broncos can put pressure on just about any team but the pats are pretty well equipped to contain about any pass rush out there with their o-line, brady's smarts and quick release, and passing schemes.

the pats defensive front/pass rush is what worries me about the pats chances. they have trouble creating pressure on the qb. they depend on coverage schemes to confuse the qb and create some turnovers. they have trouble stopping teams unless they get a turnover. having said that, we have seen teams 'turn it on' on the defensive side in january and make a run to the SB, playing much better defensive football than they did in the regular season. so, i won't say they can't do it but their defense will need to step up in order to do it.

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Denver will be tough to beat,and the 49ers will also be tough to beat.to me,texans and falcons are big question marks because they have played like crap the last month.

9. CaptainStubing

i would love to see some new teams/players in the SB. don't need to see brady, rodgers, the colts or manning yet again .......... it's getting a little old.

there are plenty of 'newer' teams in the tourney. surely we can get 2 of them in, right?

10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

the nfc will have a hard time winning the superbowl,especially if the 49ers get knocked out.they have the best chance at beating denver than any other nfc team does because they have great Defense.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

I wouldn't mind seeing the Redskins or Seahawks from the NFC. None of the AFC teams really appeal to me, maybe the Broncos or Texans...probably cause I'm a fan of an AFC team.

12. CaptainStubing

yep, most of us wouldn't mind seeing the bengals or ravens there either ............ they haven't been there in a while.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

I would mind...lol.

14. bossco

bossco Rookie

9ers vs texans would be great for me. I would like to see Watt vs Iupati

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

15. CaptainStubing

yep, the niners haven't been there for a long time and the texans have never been so that would be a cool match-up.

16. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Think the winner of the skins and seahawks makes it to the super bowl.on offense,they are a lot better than any of the other nfc teams,and both of these teams are peaking right now.i don't see the texans going far either,so i think it will come down to NE& DENVER.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Here's something to ponder. I went through each teams schedule (slow day at the office) and marked down how each team has done this last season against PLAYOFF TEAMS:

BYE Teams:
    Falcons - 2-0
    Niners - 3-2
    Broncos - 2-3
    Patriots - 3-3
    ----------------------

Vikings - 3-2
    Texans - 3-4
    Bengals - 2-2
    Colts - 3-2
    Packers - 2-2
    Ravens - 2-4
    Seahawks - 4-1
    Redskins - 2-2

The Seahawks being at 4-1 is lost impressive...

18. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Think that the packers/vikes game could come down to how charles woodson plays after being out 6 weeks. the vikes seem to run and pass at will sunday when they beat the packers,so the packers D either gets worse or better sunday!