Police Seize Gun From Ex-Colts WR Marvin Harrison At Traffic Stop

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by ravenfan52, Jun 16, 2010.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Marvin Harrison, the former Indianapolis Colts wide receiver whose role in a 2008 shooting is under investigation by the Philadelphia district attorney, was ordered to surrender a 9 mm handgun to police Wednesday during a routine traffic stop. Harrison was stopped at approximately 5 p.m. on the 2700 block of Jefferson Avenue in Philadelphia about three blocks from a garage he owns, according to three law enforcement sources. The 37-year-old former Pro Bowl receiver was driving the wrong way down the one-way street in a Cadillac Escalade when the patrolman stopped him along with the driver of a second car that was trailing him, the sources said.

Source: Shaun Assael, ESPN The Magazine

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2010
  2. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

see link for more details.

3. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Ballistics will tell if he was dumb enough to use the same gun again. I think he did with a quick trigger. WTF do I no?

1 person likes this.
  4. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

It's always the quiet ones.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

99% of the time. I have a gut feeling that crap is about to hit the fan.

6. cpgobrowns

Me too. And I'm a little too excited about it considering I have no real issue with the Colts or Marvin Harrison.

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I wouldn't call it excitement with me, I would be more inclined to call it curiosity and need to know the truth. But yeah something is about to go down, and then the media world will beat it to death.

8. cpgobrowns

Yeah, good off-season story at least. Definitely beats talking about players a-x wanting more money and threatening to hold out.

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

He had a permit for a gun yet he lied to the officer and said he didn't have a weapon, curious unless that gun has a history that he didn't want anyone to know about.

10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

That he lied was a really dumb move, if he has nothing to hide

Plus he's a bad driver

11. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

whatever happened to this guy? at one time, i respected him but it just goes to show we don't know any athlete or anyone in the public spotlight because we don't know them personally ..............

12. cpgobrowns

He retired to become a gangster. I blame hip-hop.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

BINGO! Why not just tell the officer: "I have a gun in the car and hear is my permit."

14. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

where was Peyton 4 this guy?

I blame Manning.

15. cpgobrowns

Manning is a big name in the gangsta rap world, so it could be him.