Posts From Hi-Jacked Threads

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by hermhater, May 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Lets keep it on topic here. This thread is about new server bugs, that's all.

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

beer?? oh crap that reminds me...back to adding the gifts to the database...<grumbling, *&$3@!@)(6*4#dE@!!!!>

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Now that's more like it.

Get back in the kitchen woman!

4. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Malakai, I guess you got off on the wrong foot with herm (surprisingly), some of his post got under you skin or something, but you've got the wrong idea dude. He ain't who you think he is. He's not like that. He's more like fruity rainbows and peace and stuff, but in a cool manly way.

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5im0Ssyyus"]YouTube - Charlie The Unicorn[/ame]

6. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Don't listen to ^ this guy Malakai... your spot on about Herm... he is an egotistical douche... you should make a fight club thread about him and you would soon find out everyone on here hates him.

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I do need a roast.

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

See.... can you imagine a more egotistical douche thing to say?

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

My cat hurts from all of you fingering it?

10. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

That's just disturbing!

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I realize all those things are a factor, and that's why you put the site on such a beast of a server.

Nice hardware, but GIF still has issues with vbSEO apparently.

When it gets flooded with traffic it's gonna come to a standstill.

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

We're not getting rid of vBSEO...

13. Malakai

Malakai Starter

The processors aren't having any difficulties at all, a little bit of server optimizing to minimalize other processes and keeping the cache clear should help the loading greatly.
    There are alternatives though, like load balancing between two servers, only using the extra resources when necessary.

I've noticed that the traffic right now is lower than earlier hours, so the traffic can't be the issue.

14. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I didn't say get rid of vbSEO, I said it's still causing issues with speed.

With all the resources available on the server, it should hold up fine until we get slammed.

15. Malakai

Malakai Starter

Question, how do you work out that vbSEO is causing the issue? the mysql is using like 88% of one cpu, the server has 4 cpu's.

If you noticed before the site was moved for a period of time the vbSEO was turned off, and they were still getting the same load issues.

16. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

This is like trying to decipher Egyptian Hieroglyphics.

17. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Both of their old hosts said that was the script that was overloading the CPU's.

I've never had any administrative rights of their servers, I'm just going by what I have been told by those that have.

18. Malakai

Malakai Starter

Sometimes it's easier to blame something when you don't really know what the issue is. Alot of proud hosts do that.

I can see how vbSEO would cause the issue, but after rigorous testing it's proven to make no difference.
    However, like I said - the CPU's aren't overloading right now.

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

OK then.

Why the intermittent slow page loads?

Be very specific so that I can understand fully, and there's no need for me to speculate.

20. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

well we have mega cpu's now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.