Prosecutors Release Evidence In Taylor Slaying

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by skinsfan1, Jan 11, 2008.

1. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

MIAMI (AP) - Prosecutors began releasing evidence Friday in the investigation into the slaying of Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor, including signed statements by all four suspects waiving their rights to remain silent.

The 31 pages of documents released at the request of The Associated Press and other news outlets also included police reports already made public about the Nov. 26 burglary and shooting at Taylor's home that resulted in the 24-year-old Pro Bowl safety's death the next day.
    Charged with first-degree felony murder and armed burglary in the case are Charles Wardlow, 18; Jason Mitchell, 19; Venjah Hunte, 20; and the accused gunman, Eric Rivera, 17. All remain behind bars while awaiting a trial tentatively scheduled for April.

The documents released Friday indicate that all four told police in writing that they understood their rights as defendants and were willing to talk to police without a lawyer present. Another document says that Wardlow "made an oral confession" to a Miami-Dade County detective, but the substance of that statement was not included.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7663956

2. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

If found guilty, I hope they get life.

3. lostfan

lostfan Starter

That's just emotion speaking... I was as upset about Taylor's shooting as the next guy (I wore a sig on Fans for a while) but I don't want them to get punished any more or any less than anyone else who's guilty of burglary and murder. I'm not a fan of that kind of uneven justice.

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

:agreed:

5. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Hmmm - I would think that murder = life in prison

6. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Unfortunately I think anyone who murders someone deserves to be dead, however, I feel that because he's young, maybe he's just a stupid butt and perhaps doesn't really realize what he did.

I believe for an eye for an eye.

7. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Do they have the death penalty in Miami? If so, maybe they should get it. I still do not think this was a random act, I think it was a hit.

8. lostfan

lostfan Starter

The law may, or may not, agree with you. It is what it is. In any case emotion/influence on the law = bad. If any of them get harsher sentences for "being the guy that shot Sean Taylor" that's a bunch of bullcrap. If they get harsh sentences for being degenerate pieces of crap, then that's fine.

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I think the sentence would be harsher if they can prove that this crime was premeditated in nature. If they find that it wasn't those guys walk after some time in prison, and remember the actual gunman is only 17, the other guys won't get life.

10. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

They will charged with burglary and manslaughter .....no life, 25 years with possibility of parlole in 7 years.

premeditated murder 1st degree would land them 25-life....it wont happen bc of the first charge of burglary.....that way the death is accidental wich will play on the jury in a huge way.

anybody with half a brain knows it wasn't a burglary..it was a "hit" ( for lack of better words) and what they need to do is tie one of these guys to the knife left a week earlier...then they can nail them with premeditated murder .

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Damn...someone's been watching a lot of Law & Order.:icon_cheesygrin:

12. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

lol...somebodies been avoiding the law for quite some time:icon_cheesygrin:

and it was Cagney and Lacey...not Law & Order lol

13. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I think these guys tried to say they didn't know anyone would be at home, but yet they took a gun.....so to me they, they planned for the event that someone would be home and they could kill them......sounds pre-meditated to me. Like someone else said...."an eye for an eye". If it was up to me these heckers wouldn't live to see 21.:eek:hboy:

14. Fricker 4

Fricker 4 Crabtree fall to 10

Yep i completely agree eye for an eye.

If you remember the earlier parts of this case, they stated that some of the people had been to his house before for different things. I believe one was a bday party and one was a yard work. That right there shows it was not a random act. They knew what they were doing. Its just to bad none of them were football fans and knew Sean Taylor was injuried and wouldnt be traveling with the team. I kinda believe the 17 yr old admitting to the shooting was an escapegoat. Thinking that he would be charged as a minor since the rest of them were over 18. I doubt this will happen. They knew what they were doing. They were there a few days before and couldnt find the money. They went back with a gun, Shot and killed Taylor, Case Closed fry them all.