Raiders Coach Hue Jackson Calls Palmer Deal "The Greatest Trade In Football"

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by ronbart, Oct 19, 2011.

1. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

In a stroke of bravado reminiscent of late team owner Al Davis, Jackson called the deal for Carson Palmer "the greatest trade in football" according to Robert Klemko of USA Today. "As far as the draft picks, what we have to give up, I never hesitated because I know exactly what I'm getting," said Jackson, who was an assistant in Cincinnati from 2004-06. "I don't think you're ever mortgating the future when you put a big-time franchise quarterback on your team. "Any player we put on this football team is going to be someone who can help us to our goal, which is winning a championship."

Source: The Red Zone

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2011
  2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

OMG Slow down there Corky...

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Greatest Trade In Football History? LMAO...

4. UK 49er fan

UK 49er fan Rookie

Bengals might agree, but that about it. What a crock.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

its true - this beats out the hershall walker trade and the favre trade hands down. :laughy32:

6. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

:laughy32: I wouldn't agree about being the best trade but it was a great screw job the Bengals did against the Raiders, Poor Raiders now have to deal with Carson now, we don't need him

7. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

finally people will poke fun at a trade that isnt the roy williams trade. thanks raiders for the best trade in football

8. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Did he say history in that statement? I thought he just meant in football this season. If that's the case he might be right. History, probably not.

9. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Hue Jackson is goobered.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Still wouldn't be accurate unless he were speaking for the Bengals.

11. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Let's wait until the season is over before saying this trade isn't a win for the Raiders.

1 person likes this.
  12. 86WARD

86WARD -

No need...lol.

13. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

So long as the Raiders running game stays consistent, there is less pressure on the QB.

It all remains to be seen.. neither the Raiders or the Bengals have the strongest draft history... This maybe the best thing the Raiders have done in a long time... Give up those 1st round picks and pick linemen late in the draft.

14. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

No, the Herschel trade was the best.

15. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Let's be honest. 1st round picks out of the top 20 don't mean crap anyway.

16. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Yep a washed up 32 year old QB for more than half of your draft....Great trade.

17. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Mr. Jackson the Bengals COMPLETELY agree with you