Raiders Likely To Fire Coach Tom Cable

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by SweetShot03, Jan 4, 2010.

1. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

All signs point to the Raiders joining a growing contingent that is severing ties with Raider coach Tom Cable these days and seeking a different connection. In the Raiders' case, that means parting ways with coach Tom Cable and hitching their floundering franchise to another coach who has a fresh set of ideas and the patience to put up with quarterback JaMarcus Russell. Managing general partner Al Davis has yet to weigh in publicly on the matter.

Source: TheRedzone.com

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

This is how many coaches for the Raiders since Gruden left for Tampa Bay in 2002? LOL!

3. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

I think Cable is a good coach, but Davis is just not letting him do what is best for the franchise

4. DaBearsrule4ever

Yeah, true. If Al Davis is going to control what the head coach does, then Al should just coach the Raiders himself. That would be good to see now of days.

5. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Jon Gruden 98-2002
    Bill Callahan 02-03
    Norv Turner 04-06
    Art Shell 06-07
    Lane Kiffin 07-08
    Tom Cable 08-??

6. DaBearsrule4ever

Wow, thats a nice average of two years a head coach since Gruden, lol.

7. Its not like he hasn't done it before. He was the Head Coach of the Raiders from 1963-1965.

8. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

As long as the Jaw Breaking thing gets sorted out, I can't see teams not taking a punt on him if this does come out to be true.

Absolutely goobered if he does get the boot though.

9. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

And I'm "likely" to have a beer while watching the Fiesta Bowl tonight.....

10. wonderyears

wonderyears Rookie

I certainly hope this isn't true. All the Raider players love Cable and a lot of the fans do too.

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Since when does Al Davis care about what players and fans want? This isn't a shock, especially since Cable "badmouthed" Russel, a man who Davis gets a raging semi for. Cable should be kept for the simple need of continuity for the Raiders' young players.

12. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

If Cable stays his hands will be tied when it comes to Russell. With the hole players agreement coming up, and a salary cap free year on the horizon, maybe it won't be so bad... Its not like Davis does not have the $ to pay Russell to take up space on the sideline... Maybe we could try him on the Dline

13. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Next coach will fail again, bc Al didn't let him run the team

14. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Next coach is Mike Leach? :icon_rolleyes:

15. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Al will clon himself to coach the Raiders....

16. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

if they do, cable is going to have to smack a snitch !!!!!!!!

17. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

I agree with all the Raider fans on here - from what I've seen I think Cable was doing a good job with this team and if Al Davis would just let Cable do his job then he could probably start to bring around this flagging franchise, I sympathize for Cable because he does seem to have the skill set to be a HC but Davis has been hampering his progress from the hop.

18. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

i had a lot of admiration when he came out and said russell basically sucked.

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Of course it's goobered, it's the Raiders.

:icon_cheesygrin:

20. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

i agree we should keep him for continuity but other than that his play calling freaking sucked and his inability to get the the best out of his players week in and week out speaks volumes. sure he had russell staring for the first half of the season what is his excuse for the other games grads, frye were running for their lives every play till they eventually got knocked out, doesnt cable have a hand in working with the o-line, out of the 3 "great" running backs we have he couldnt give them over 20 carries a game thats unacceptable not to mention none of them came close to 1000yds rushing that is pathetic we were suppose to be a run first team yet frye passes 45 times against the browns that is stupidity at is finest. remember players hated gruden but atleast they were winning.