Raiders QB Jeff Garcia Adjusting To Backup Role

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by SRW, May 10, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Raiders QB Jeff Garcia has been flawlessly diplomatic in his acceptance of being JaMarcus Russells backup quarterback since his arrival. He said he is fine with being called a mentor by Cable, and had some interesting observations about what Russell can pick up from watching him. Deep inside were all competitors and we all play this game to be on the field, to not be on the sidelines, Garcia said. Hopefully that competitive drive is just what allows JaMarcus to increase his own competitive spirit. The greatest understanding that needs to come out of all this is that this is a small window in our lives. Its a small window of opportunity to and to make the most of this opportunity. And if that means you need to put more pressure on yourself to strive to be better, to do the little things that are going to make you better, then thats what we all need to do. Hopefully thats something that he will see in me in the sense of how I approach every single day.

Source:
    Contra Costa Times

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

He'll soon be adjusting to the starting role...

3. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

agreed, Ward...I think Jamarcus is going to turn out to be another HUGE bust for the Raiders.

4. RaiderTilliDIE

RaiderTilliDIE Raider Nation

I just hope JR proves this ^ haters wrong

5. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

not hating here. Garcia will be starting some time this year.

6. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I will always like garcia because of what he did for us one year. He was in a backup role in philly at first this is no diffrent. If JR sucks it up or gets injured he comes in.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I feel bad for Garcia because I think he's always been a gamer. It must really suck for him to pretty much know that he will never win a Super Bowl. In the back of his mind, this can't be easy for him.

8. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

by week 3 i bet he is starting

9. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

hopefully jr can learn something from him he is very competitive you have to give him that

10. wow I would actually be kind of scared of the raiders if this man gets in the starting role but with JR whats there to be scared of? lol

11. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Garcia's better of the two, he should definitely be starting at one point in the season