Raiders To Promote Assistant Hue Jackson To Head Coach?

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by ravenfan52, Jan 4, 2011.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

An 8-8 record, the Raiders' best record since 2002, was not good enough for owner Al Davis, as he informed coach Tom Cable Tuesday night that the team will not pick up the option in his contract. Offensive coordinator Hue Jackson will take over as the new head coach, a source close to Jackson said. Oakland had until Dec. 17 to decide whether to pick up a two-year option in Cable's contract. Cable, who started with the Raiders as an offensive line coach, finishes up 17-27 as head coach since taking over from Lane Kiffin on an interim basis in 2008. "The Raiders express gratitude to Tom Cable for his contributions in his four seasons as an assistant and as head coach of the Silver and Black," the team said in a statement. The Raiders finished 8-8 this season despite being undefeated in the AFC West.

Source: Vittorio Tafur, San Francisco Chronicle

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2011
  2. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Congrats Hue!

3. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I'm sorry but wha??????

Al doesn't ever want to have a winning team again huh?

4. Cable got hosed......

5. wonderyears

wonderyears Rookie

I feel for Cable, he got screwed outta this

6. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Screwed is not the word for what just happened to Tom Cable

7. UNLEASHthaBEAST

UNLEASHthaBEAST NFLPA Warlock Assassin

sucks for cable. bright spot would be that there isnt a new offense to learn... I just hope this doesnt effect re-signing some of the free agents that were really pulling for cable.

8. kenman923

kenman923 Rookie

I am no Raiders fan, but I think it's unfortunate that Tom Cable got this team on the right track and Al Davis lets him go. This is a dumb move by Al Davis, even for him.

9. Tom Cable did a heck of a job. He deserves a chance elsewhere.

If I'm Carolina I'm calling him up for an interview.

10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

For once in my life I actually feel bad for Oakland fans. A good coach just left and you've still got the chaos that is Al Davis. Absolutely ridiculous.