Ravens WR Derrick Mason Fires Back At Fan's Criticism

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by SRW, Jan 1, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Some fans were angered when Ravens wide receiver Derrick Mason was seen smiling on the sideline after he dropped a pass in the end zone. The emotional veteran wide receiver fired back at those who criticized him. "That (expletive deleted)'s over with," he said when asked to address his smile in Pittsburgh. "I don't care about a drop, man. Move on. That's the game of football. I'm going to laugh, I'm going to laugh and I'm going to laugh. If I drop one or I drop two, I'm going to laugh. I've done it for 13 years. So I don't give a hell about whatever people say. That's basically where it is. I've had my share of drops, but I've also had my share of big catches. I smile on the big catches. I smile on the drops. That's the way it is; it's not going to change."

Source:
    USA Today

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

On his other shoulder was Ray saying "Stab him!"

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

The smiling bothers me i hate when donovan does it. It makes you feel like you have more passion for the team then they do. Just pisses me off when they do it. I like peyton manning or tom bradys reactions after a bad play that what there supposed to be like.

4. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

I can understand where you're coming from but when I saw it I thought it was one of those 'Faaaaaaaack' smiles - Like Mase says man, on to the next play where hopefully he will catch the goddam ball.

5. ball in the baskett

Probably its just something that bothers me when players on my team do it

6. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Would somebody please enlighten me as to what is so funny about dropping a potentially game-winning TD pass? Mason flashed a big Hines-Ward smile after the drop. I've NEVER understood why football players do that. You made a bad play. Yeah, don't always be thinking about the play; move on. But there's no need to smile about it. That's like you just don't care what happens to your team as long as you make your $. I don't think Mason is like that at all, but that was stupid to drop the pass and a stupid reaction.

7. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Well, I've never seen a Pat's player smiling over one of their heckups. This is serious crap to any team that is looking to be a winner. Sure not something to laugh about.

8. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

why do people blow stupid crap like this up? jesus christ

9. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Would you rather he throw a hissy fit and cry after the game? Or maybe phone it in for the rest of the game? He screwed up - he knows - he's a professional and he played well for the rest of the game, get off his butt. I don't think you woulda made that catch either.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

How about Randy Moss phoning it in against Carolina after a couple drops? I'll take the smile and the continued effort over the going-through-motions and pouting on the sideline anyday.

10. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

He's smiling because he still gets millions to play a freaking game. Most players understand it's all just a game way more then most fans and I think iit pisses us nut job fans who take it so seriously off. For my money, they can feel however they want BUT they should at least pretend to care for the fans sake.

11. ball in the baskett

truth

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

^this...

13. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

All this noise about a freaking smile?
    I was pissed after the drop but seeing him smiling like this, I thought he was more surprised than nonchalant.

14. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

I think it was a smile of disbelief. Damn I missed that!!

15. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

and so are there playoff hopes if they don't show up tomorrow.