RB Reggie Bush's Future With Saints Not Set In Stone

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by Sweets, May 11, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Bush's future with Saints murky: Reggie Bush's name has been in the news lately for all the wrong reasons. The Saints' versatile running back had a series of Twitter posts hailing the lockout as a good thing because it afforded him the opportunity to "Vacation, rest, relaxing, appearances here and there! I'm good!" He then posted "Right about now we would be slaving in 100 degree heat, practicing twice a day, while putting our bodies at risk for nothing." He claimed he was joking, but there's obvious truth to it since the New Orleans Times-Picayune reported that Bush wasn't among the Saints players participating in a workout last week at Tulane University. Finally, a Yahoo! Sports report read that Bush is ultimately expected to part ways with the Saints.

Source: CBSSports

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think Payton and the Saints staff would live Reggie back. They probably want him more than anyone else...just not for $11.8 million or whatever it is...everyone knows he's not worth that.

3. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

If not then he will have other suitors.

4. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Let him go somewhere else at this point, won't hurt.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Reggie hasn't come out and said he wouldn't renegotiate has he? I don't remember seeing it if he did.

6. Reggie is a glorified No. 2 back.......

I still think he should consider moving to WR.

He has great hands and his skill set will translate better playing outside.

7. Chipper10

They have to bring up moving him to WR also. Unless he requests that option, but I doubt he does. and no, i don't believe he has said he wouldn't re-negotiate. I do remember something about him wanting to stay in New Orleans at one point, but since the lockout has been in effect, not much can be done about contract issues.

8. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Come on down to Tampa Reggie.

9. Makes sense......young team....coach and great atmosphere to rebuild his image. And they could use his speed to complement Blount.

Plus he can stick it to New Orleans twice a year.

10. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Preach on!!!!

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

He'd be a great fit in Tampa. I would not be surprised if he landed there or in Atlanta...

Those Bucs are growing on me...

12. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

First the Gators now the Bucs.....wanna buy a house down here?:icon_cheesygrin:

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Believe me, if I had the extra dough, I'd already have one. My wife's family lives down there in Belle Aire.

14. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Reggie should and WILL stay in New Orleans, for a cheaper price tag of course. I also would not at all be surprised if he got switched to WR.

But listen, seriously, why does EVERYBODY neglect the fact that just a couple years ago he was leading the league in yards and TD's for most of the season until he got hurt. He's not a "glorified two back." He actually has talent, when he's healthy.

15. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Agreed. He had unrealistic expectations based on his amazing college career. If not in NO he will come back to SD haha.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't know that he will stay in New Orleans. I think he definitely should...I think he'd have the best career there with Sean Payton. But I think a team is out there that will offer him a little more money and he seems genuinely bent that the Saints drafted Ingram...

17. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I must have missed that when he was leading the league in rushing and touchdowns. It must have been for a total of 3 or 4 weeks. He has never had more than 600 yards rushing in a season. His best year total was his rookie year. Been downhill since. Look I am a huge Saints fan, been one for years. Bush is a Metcalf type player. Good in certain situations but not a back you can depend on to get that hard yardage. If he leaves it will be because of the money. He will never be a #1 back anywhere. He can't carry a team. Hell, he can't carry the ball more than 15 times a game consistantly. He needs to swallow his pride and accept less money for a chance to get more rings and accept a position change. But if he does leave I hope it is to the Bucs. Our defense can and will contain him. He will be a non factor.

18. Chipper10

Yeah. Reggie would never win the rushing title, never lead the league consistently in RUSHING TDs or yards. Receiving + rushing? Perhaps. Him being a running back is a lost cause. He was talented in College, this isn't college. I know he's still talented, but not as a running back. Take less money, move to WR or GTHO.