RB Trent Richardson 'Ready To Go' For Colts In Week 3

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by Sweets, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

One day after Indianapolis swung a blockbuster trade for Trent Richardson, Colts coach Chuck Pagano praised the acquisition and confirmed the team's new featured back will play a primary role against the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday.

"We did not bring him in here to be the water boy," Pagano told reporters Thursday. "He'll be ready to go, as much he can handle."

The message is clear: The 49ers' defense should prepare to see a heavy dose of the second-year runner who, just days ago, loomed as a centerpiece of the Cleveland Browns. Richardson goes from playing behind Brandon Weeden in a muddled offense to teaming with Andrew Luck in Pep Hamilton's versatile attack.

Richardson admitted Wednesday that he first heard about the trade, of all places, from a radio report:

"I turned on the radio and all of a sudden I heard," Richardson told WOIO-TV in Cleveland. "I can't believe it. I didn't see it coming from anywhere. I had a good relationship with everybody. But I guess it's the best move for the Browns. At the end of the day it's the best move for both of us, I guess. I wanted to be a Brown, I didn't see it coming, but at the same time, I'm a Colt now, so now I've got to move on and get ready for Sunday's game."

Source:NFL.com