Recently Retired WR Donald Driver Open To Returning To Green Bay

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by DaBears22, Jun 16, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Recently retired Green Bay Packers legend Donald Driver was honored by the Lambeau faithful this weekend, as the city unveiled a statue and street name for the wide receiver.

Just because Driver is walking away from the game, that doesn't mean his phone has stopped ringing. Driver told FOX Sports Wisconsin's Paul Imig that he's field phone calls from several teams inquiring about a 2013 return.

"I decided that I love one team," Driver said. "At the end of the day, if I get that itch, it would only be for the green and gold."

Driver made it clear that he would come back for a 15th season, but only in Green Bay.

"If the Packers called me and said, 'Drive, come back to training camp,' I'd be back for training camp," Driver explained. "But until then, I'll be sitting at home and just watching football."

At Sunday's Packers charity softball game, Driver suggested he also would be open to an in-season return.

"I think the thing for me is if the Packers call mid-season, I'd be in shape," Driver said, via Tyler Dunne of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. "Ive been staying in shape."

Source: NFL.com

2. Badger

Badger Rookie

Like I said in the other DD thread: class act. I dont see the Packers calling Driver though. You dont win championships by holding onto the past and if this team is going to beat Seattle and San Fran, theres no room for being sentimental.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Favre.

4. Badger

Badger Rookie

Not even close.