Red Sox Deny Having Beer In Dugout

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Sportsguy, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

The Boston Red Sox late Tuesday night released statements from three players, departed manager Terry Francona and CEO Larry Lucchino refuting a report by WHDH-TV in Boston that cited Red Sox employees as saying pitchers Josh Beckett, John Lackey and Jon Lester drank beer in the dugout during games."I cannot let this allegation go without response; enough is enough," Beckett said in the statement, his first public comments on the issue of beer drinking by the Red Sox pitchers during games, which Lester acknowledged occurred in the clubhouse in interviews Monday. "I admit that I made mistakes along the way this season, but this has gone too far. To say that we drank in the dugout during the game is not true."The Boston Red Sox late Tuesday night released statements from three players, departed manager Terry Francona and CEO Larry Lucchino refuting a report by WHDH-TV in Boston that cited Red Sox employees as saying pitchers Josh Beckett, John Lackey and Jon Lester drank beer in the dugout during games."I cannot let this allegation go without response; enough is enough," Beckett said in the statement, his first public comments on the issue of beer drinking by the Red Sox pitchers during games, which Lester acknowledged occurred in the clubhouse in interviews Monday. "I admit that I made mistakes along the way this season, but this has gone too far. To say that we drank in the dugout during the game is not true."

Source: ESPN

2. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

If this is remotely true I say freaking get rid of EVERYONE...ridiculous. Hell lets just get drunk between innings for hecks sake.

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I'm so tired of ESPN talking about this.

IF there was beer in the dugout, wouldn't atleast one camera have caught it?

4. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Nope! It was MAGIC beer. You know, the beer that you can't see. AMAZING right? Again, everyone doe it. IT's just their way of writing off Tito and coming up with an excuse. You choked, it happens. Get over it. The Mets didn't make excuses in 07. It just happened.

5. Dragonite

Except the reports of drinking are highly substantiated, while I don't think that was WHY they blew it, its not a myth it happened.

As for the beer in the dugout, come on how hard would it be to hide it in a gatorade container and drink it out of a red plastic cup without anyone ever noticing?

I don't think its true but if it is, they should fire everyone.

6. DaBearsrule4ever

Wait... So you are saying it was invisible beer? I didn't know that was sold. :icon_cool:

7. Dragonite

Thats why people are always getting tripped up in the beer section

8. DaBearsrule4ever

I just love the fact that ESPN is making a big deal about this, but then again, this is the Red Sox and an east coast team we are talking about here. If this was a midwest team or west coast team, we wouldn't hear a peep from ESPN about this.

9. Dragonite

Unless it was a good team...

10. DaBearsrule4ever

Unless you are the Yankees, Red Sox, or Phillies these days, ESPN can careless about you. If the White Sox did this and just missed out on the playoffs, ESPN wouldn't still be talking about it today.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  11. Dragonite

This is pretty much a lie...I gurantee you if the CLEVELAND INDIANS did this and barely missed the playoffs after a historic class it would get major coverage. It's not the team, its what the team was doing, the Red Sox just happened to get caught.

12. DaBearsrule4ever

Maybe the local media would make a big deal about it BUT I doubt the national media would. I'm pretty sure I know how ESPN operates, lol.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  13. Dragonite

ESPN reports things like this for everyone all the time...it would have at least been on PTI, Jim Rome and ATH

14. Dragonite

and probably Sports Nation

15. DaBearsrule4ever

And all those shows you mentioned are on what channel? LOL They would spend like 2 minutes talking about it then after that, never hear about it again.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011