Redskins CB DeAngelo Hall Pokes Fun At Al Davis

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by Sweets, May 19, 2009.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Washington Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall probably won’t have to worry about receiving any Christmas cards from enigmatic Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis. Especially not after the former Raiders starter poked fun at Davis during a radio interview with WJFK, according to SportsRadioInterviews.com. Hall related how Davis allegedly got up to speed on Tom Cable’s background in the middle of elevating him to interim coach in the wake of firing coach Lane Kiffin. “Probably the funniest thing, I was pretty close to Lane Kiffin and after they fired Lane and were about to announce who the next coach was, I don’t know if you guys saw this in the media world, but I was actually sitting there live, me and a couple other players there in the back,” Hall said. “And [Davis] went through this whole spiel of what happened . . . and said our next coach is Tom Cable, he’s going to be our interim coach. When everybody paused for Tom to come in, like a breakoff. [Davis] goes to the media guide and not even whispering says ‘Hey, anyone got any information on this Tom Cable guy, I don’t know where he comes from.’ “That’s just vintage Al Davis. Making a move, not really knowing why, no real justification for doing it. But just saying, ‘Hey, I want this guy, let’s get him, I’ll figure everything else out later.’ And that’s just how Al Davis is.”

Source: AaronWilson, PFT