Redskins Draft Day Party

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by HailttRedskins, Apr 24, 2010.

1. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Went today, was pretty good and a crap load of people showed up, I'd say at least 40,000 or so, equivalent to the amount we get for scrimmages against the Baltimore Ravens.

Obviously most of you don't know what it is, so I'll explain. The draft day party has been going on for a couple seasons now, it's relatively new to us though. It was changed a little bit this season simply because of how the draft was on during the week rather than the weekend, but it doesn't really change the experience as much. Basically on the field you have a couple things you can do, all for free. You can try to kick a field goal through the post, I think the furthest distance is like 20 yards for the grown ups and like goal line for little kids. You can do a like drill where you jump over bags, run around cones, crap you would see at a combine and some other things such as throwing a football in the hole of a target, go into the locker rooms, etc. They also do raffles (all free) which you can win autographed footballs, jerseys, helmets, season tickets and other stuff.

Usually you watch the draft, but of course it was changed a little bit. Last season we watched the first round, but this year of course we couldn't, so instead they introduced Trent Williams, our first round draft pick. Traffic was a little crapty on the beltway so I couldn't make it on time to record him, but later Devin Thomas and Marko Mitchell (both WR's) talked to the crowd which was cool. We would have watched the rounds today on the JumboTron, however we are getting them replaced so it wasn't possibly.

I had to leave a little early, but Mike Shanahan came out and talked to the fans, was greeted with a nice chant of WE WANT DALLAS!!!! from what I heard. Funniest part of the day was when some happy Cowboy fan went up to kick the field goal, first the whole damn place erupted in a boo and then when he missed by kicking the ball into the ground, the crowd erupted in cheers, it was pretty funny crap.

Anyways I thought I would share some pictures:

Thomas and Mitchell:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zipSwSrOybE]YouTube - Devin Thomas & Marko Mitchell talk to Redskins Draft Day Party Crowd HD[/ame]

Mitchell:

[​IMG]

Thomas:

[​IMG]

Some of the crowd:

[​IMG]

JumboTrons being installed:

[​IMG]

Some of the cars:

[​IMG]

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Great pics HTTR

3. HailttRedskins

Sweets still loves me, I knew it.

Thanks <3

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I have a problem with the lack of tailgating activity in this picture.

There shouldn't be safe places for nice cars.

5. HailttRedskins

I got there late. There was a lot of tailgating, I walked by numerous piles of charcoal. The biggest one is the ES tailgate though, which was over to the right, like, further around the curve, there was probably a good 100+ people there.

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Just because Chief fans own butt ugly old cars doesn't mean every fan in the nation does.:icon_cheesygrin:

7. HailttRedskins

Apparently the seats in the endzone that are removed in the club level will be gone. It's going to be turned into some sort of pavilion apparently.

8. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:icon_frown:

Great shots of the stadium dude!

9. HailttRedskins

Looked into it more, the club level seats being removed will be the same at the other endzone, they will become a "party deck."