Redskins QB Kirk Cousins Says There's 'No Doubt' He'll Be Ready For Week 1

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by SRW, Aug 26, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

If Robert Griffin III is ''All in for Week 1,'' what's the status of his backup, Kirk Cousins?

''I was trying to get an 'All in for Week 4 of the Preseason' commercial,'' Cousins said Monday.

Actually, Cousins isn't likely to play in the Washington Redskins' final preseason game Thursday because of his sprained right foot. He did say there's ''no doubt at all'' he'll be ready for the opener Sept. 9.

''I do want to play Thursday, but I'd also rather be safe than sorry,'' Cousins said. ''If someone could grant me a wish and tell me I wasn't going to get hurt, or I wasn't going to re-aggravate it, then I would like to get out there.''

To that end, Cousins was able to poke fun at Griffin, who launched an ''All in for Week 1'' campaign with a shoe company in his quest to return from major knee surgery.

''I could get a T-shirt that says 'All in for Week 4 of the Preseason.' That's not quite as catchy, and I don't have an endorsement deal with an apparel company,'' Cousins said. ''Maybe someone will sign me now. I don't make enough money to get fined. Maybe I'll get a deal with some off-brand or something that sells at Walmart or something.''

Source: Associated Press

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'm sure he's licking his chops hoping to see that Eagles defense.

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Chip Kelly's got no gimmicks for that....

4. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

What a goofball. I'm sure Walmart will be calling to fulfill his dream lol