Redskins Sign QB Rex Grossman

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by Sweets, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Washington Redskins have added a former Florida quarterback to their roster, Rex Grossman has signed with the 'Skins, according to the team's official blog. Grossman, a first-round draft pick in 2003, left the Bears for the Texans in 2009 and was a backup behind Matt Schaub. The connection for Grossman is Kyle Shanahan - he's the new offensive coordinator in Washington after leaving the same position in Houston.

Source: Sporting News

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2010
  2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Since leaving the Bears after 2008, all Grossman is going to do is bounce from team to team. He isn't worth more than a 1 year contract.

3. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Glad he's out of Houston

4. DaBearsrule4ever

Grossman's last chance with me when he was with the Bears was three games into the 2007 season. I don't miss him in Chicago.

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

From what Sirius NFL said this morning Chris Simms was hoping to be taken by the Redskins since he has history with Shanahan, Kyle that is but it's highly unlikely that the Redskins will offer him a job too.

6. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

7. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Good for him. Great guy. :icon_cool:

8. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

9. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Ooops I posted a duplicate thread in general discussion. :icon_rolleyes:

10. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Glad it's only for 1 year. I assume he's here just because he knows Shanahan's system, Kyle that is. He'll probably be used like Todd Collins was when Saunders was here.

11. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

And so the legend of Rex Grossman continues!

Why would the redskins make a move to make their team worst instead of better

12. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Haters. :icon_evil:

13. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

How can you say "haters" when bear fans couldn't wait for him out of Chicago cause he sucked, you can see Texans fans happy that he is out of there. He is not a well liked guy cause he wasn't a very good QB , there was always the question of which Rex would show up sometimes it would be "Good Rex" and sometimes it was "Bad Rex"

14. DaBearsrule4ever

Dude, URL54MVP was joking (I think), chill out.

15. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Will they rename the team the Rexskins or the Wrexskins? :icon_cheesygrin:

16. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Really? Wow I did not know that. Tell me more about this Good Rex/Bad Rex thing. . :icon_eek:

Yes you are all haters. Rex is my boy. The Bears had more problems than him when he was in Chicago so anyone who tries to pin that situation entirely on him is ignorant of what actually happened. :icon_cool:

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Kind of. I'm posting in this thread for fun more than anything but I did like Rex and I will always remember the Good Rex. That is just how it is. lol

I mean when you get down it, Rex did make some key plays to help get us by Seattle and New Orleans in that 2006 Super Bowl run. Those two playoff wins are good memories for me and it was exciting. Yes the ending in Miami sucked. But such is life. :icon_confused:

17. DaBearsrule4ever

Yeah y2kbug, tell every Bears fan something they DON'T know about Rex Grossman, if you can, lol.

18. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Miami has been bad for us. It was our only loss in 1985 also if you remember, 38-24.. :icon_sad:

19. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Now they just need to sign Joey Porter and draft Jason Pierre Paul and that should cap off an incredible offseason.

20. DaBearsrule4ever

And where is one of the Bears road games in 2010? In Miami...