Redskins TE Fred Davis Growing Impatient, Says He Feels 'Useless Right Now’

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by SRW, Nov 6, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The relationship between the Redskins and tight end Fred Davis appears to be leaning towards fractured beyond repair, Chris Lingebach of CBS Washington reports.

The Redskins have made Davis inactive for three straight weeks, and a total of four games this season.

“I feel useless right now,†Davis told 106.7 The Fan’s Chad Dukes and Grant Paulsen on Tuesday, “But I know when the time comes, I’m going to have to make a statement.â€

“My teammates, they know what I can do,†he said. “They just keep telling me, ‘Just be patient. Be ready.’ But it’s hard to. You know what I’m saying? It’s not easy when you’re a competitor, you want to play. They just tell me to stay focused, you know, don’t worry about it. It’s hard not to worry about it, because that’s not the type of person I am. I’m not a ‘not worry about it’ person. I’m more of ‘I want to be involved. I want to be able to make plays. I want to be able to help.’ I don’t want to sit around. It already should be known, that money’s not the main thing to me. I want to play. I want to earn it.â€

Source: The Redzone

SteveRobWhatever's Take: Last week he admitted to nodding off in team meetings. I don't think quotes like that are going to endear him to the coaches. His best course of action is simply to shut up and get it done Mon-Sat. If he earns it, the coaches will put him back in.

2. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

super talented guy but the coaches dont like him and he doesnt like them......a change of scenery would be best for both sides

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Completely agree. Sometimes a change in scenery is best for all parties involved and this seems like a textbook case. That said, if anyone has to give in this situation it has to be the player. Players can't start telling coaches what's up and expect a positive outcome.
    Don't know all the details between these two, but whatever they are, both sides are inflexible at this point.