Redskins Yet To Discuss New Contract With LB Brian Orakpo

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by Sweets, May 6, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Redskins right outside linebacker Brian Orakpo is recovered from the torn left pectoral that sidelined him for 14 games last season, and he is ready to participate in organized team activities when they begin on May 20, Rich Campbell of the Washington Times reports.

“The pec is feeling great,†Orakpo said Monday morning at the Leukemia Golf Classic, which he hosts annually. “I’ve been working extremely hard ever since I went down last September. I couldn’t feel any better. I know it’s a lot of players say when they come back from injuries that they’re 100 percent, this and that, but honestly I really feel good. I shouldn’t have no setbacks come OTAs and minicamp. I should be ready to go as if I didn’t miss a beat at all. I’m excited to get back.â€

Orakpo, whose contract expires after this season said of an extension, "We haven't discussed it. I would love to be a Redskin for life."

Source: The Redzone

2. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Not sure why this seems to be a surprise to everyone -- or at least Redskins fans. Orakpo is HIGHLY overrated. He has one pass rush move, and the majority of the time when he goes to lay an unsuspecting QB out, he goes for the big hit instead of stripping the ball out.

Not to mention he is God AWFUL in coverage. I'd take Jackson's lesser pass rush for the better coverage.