Report Says Jaguars Players 'Expect' And 'Want' RB Maurice Jones-Drew To Be Fined

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by SRW, Aug 25, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

As Maurice Jones-Drew's holdout continued to day 31 on Saturday with another absence from the running back, the possible fines for Jones-Drew reached a maximum of $930,000. Just three more practices and the possible fines for the three-time Pro Bowler will reach an excess of $1 million.

However, that doesn't mean that the Jaguars intend to fine Jones-Drew the maximum amount for his holdout, as they could waive the fine altogether or fine him a significantly less harsh amount. In a video on CBSSports.com, Pete Prisco reported that the players in the Jaguars locker room wouldn't be fans of the fine being fully waived, though.

"As far as the fines, the language in the CBA says ‘up to $30,000 a day.' Now I was in the locker room the other day and I talked to a bunch of the players and they all expect him and they want him to be fined something because there has to be a message from Mike Mularkey. So I think he's going to get fined, I think they'll lower the fine and sometimes these guys go ‘alright I'm going to fine you and wink wink we won't really collect it.' But I do think he has to be fined something by the front office."

Completely waiving the fine for Jones-Drew would probably be a bad move for Mularkey as it would set a bad precedent, but fining the star of the team $1 million would probably be unnecessary salt in the wound of a relationship that doesn't need further straining.

Source: SBNation.com

2. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

fine him then trade him

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Could be ugly when he finally reports...he'd better hope those "players" aren't the offensive linemen...

4. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

The Chris Johnson of 2012, MJD!