Returning To New England Not An Option For Raiders DE Richard Seymour

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 12, 2010.

1. "There's probably about 31 teams I'd consider going to," Seymour said with a laugh, referring to the rest of the field in the 32-team National Football League. When asked if he would accept a call from the Pats if they approached him about coming back, he said, "That isn't something I'm looking to do at all." Seymour was traded to the Oakland Raiders for a 2011 First Round Draft Pick before the start of the 2009 Season.

Source:
    CSNNE.com

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

So you'd rather rot away in Oakland? Hopefully you get to do that.

3. cover the spread

cover the spread beastin'

If he feels the bridge is burnt that's fine, just don't go to the Jets

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

since half the teams in the nfl are running the 3-4 now, he will have many choices of where he wants to play ...................

5. tntgonzales

tntgonzales Anejo

rot away? the raiders are better than you give credit...if we could fix the quarterback situation, and they will, we'll be back in business. c'mon mcnabb sucked it up at the end there so don't talk. cunningham....um...ok.....um....Marcus Allen....um.....Stabler?......um....

6. GJDMQYB

GJDMQYB Guest

Dont balme him for wanting to leave Oakland

7. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

its funny how you can still say rot in oakland when he help beat your team. How many titles have the raiders and eagles won in the last ten years? right none, so whats the difference between your team and mine your still at home watching the super bowl like mostly everyone else.

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

he should play for the steelers....just sayin

jets would be a perfect fit though lol, thats a way to smack the patriots in the face

next year seymour+jenkins=delicious

realistically while he obviously wants to find a winning situation to end his career, hes gonna look to cash in one more time and call it a career, hes got 3 rings, something most only dream of.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Many players hate playing in Oakland. Oakland has not been competitive in the league for the last half decade. The head coaching position is a revolving door.

Have you missed these recurring themes the past half decade? I'm not saying the Raiders don't have a rich history. I'm saying that it appears to be a miserable place for many players to be.

And I believe he is a FA anyways so he will probably leave.

10. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

franchise tag and money talks

11. Paintballer8791

Paintballer8791 Paintballer For Life

well it doesn't clearly say he was talking about the patriots, it just was hinted at a little bit so he could be talking about the raiders as the odd team out, you never know, also it could be used as a negotiating tool by making it seem like he won't come back, so if they want him they will have to shell out alot of $$$

12. hermhater

hermhater Guest

But he said it wasn't an option?!

13. He definitely was referring to the Patriots: