Rob Ryan Says The Browns Will Have An Attacking Defense

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by CP26, Jul 5, 2009.

1. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Browns defensive coordinator Rob Ryan gave a pretty interesting interview when he met the local media at the end of the team's minicamps. Ryan showed the same flamboyant personality as his twin brother, Rex (the coach of the New York Jets), and he made some promising statements. Ryan said: ''What we're going to have here in Cleveland is an attacking defense.''

Source: The Akron Beacon Journal

2. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

If Rogers Can Step up his game, The Browns Will Be Ok

3. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

yea your attacking defense was so successful for us the last few years this dude is a moron

4. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I think Ryan will do a good job here, maybe not year 1, but he comes from a really good defensive background, and IMO probably needed a change of scenery.

5. nastynate184

his dad is the og of amazing defense so i had really high hopes for him in oakland and he looked good at first but the longer he was there the worse he looked

6. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I agree, but IMO Al Davis is the problem in Oakland right now. He is not bringing in the right players for any of the coaches to have success. He really hasn't even been able to make up his mind with a coach. I mean no offense to Oakland fans, but when an owner creates so much inconsistancy in an organization, it's impossible for anyone to succeed.

7. nastynate184

i am totally on board the al needs to step down train dude's time has passed he is just not with it anymore he is still in the air it out 70-80's not the west coast current offensive style

8. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

I like the way the article alludes to him being "the same flamboyant personality as his twin brother, Rex" - Rob Ryan seems to be the Stephen Baldwin of the Ryan clan, if I were a betting man I wouldn't give good odds to them finishing above 4th in the division defensively.

9. nastynate184

lol i love that comparison

10. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Mangini, Ryan & Shaun Rogers will be attacking the buffets!