Robert Kraft Says Patriots QB Tom Brady Is Better Than Joe Montana

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by SRW, Aug 30, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Patriots owner Robert Kraft says that his quarterback Tom Brady is so special to him that he considers him to be a fifth son. He also had high praise for Brady when it comes to ranking the best quarterbacks of all-time.

“I think that Tommy, with all due respect, is better than Joe Montana,†Kraft said to NFL.com. “I know that’s a leap, but I really think he might already be the best of all time. I watch how involved he is, how driven he is. He’s like (Bill) Belichick, he’s into the details. And he’s got a skill that makes him so special, he can process all of it so quickly. … And then, he’s just got that quality. Certain people have that sincerity. He’s a very genuine guy. People can relate to him. People can trust him.â€

Brady is 35 years old and has won three Super Bowls and two regular season MVP awards. According to Brady’s father, he believes the quarterback wants to play six to eight more years.

Source: Sports Illustrated

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2012
  2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Screw you Robert Kraft for making that utterly blasphemous yet entirely legitimate claim. How dare you.

3. Huxley

Huxley ...

Joe Montana didn't lose two Super Bowls.

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

He also didnt make it to 5 of them.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Tom Brady never threw the ball to the greatest football player of all time.

6. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I just came a little at the thought of Tom Brady having Jerry Rice to throw to.

Maybe in Madden.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

montana didn't have the benefit of "extra" tapes of the opposing defenses.

8. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I think this is stetching it a little. Brady is good but i dont think we should compare the two till brady retires

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Montana didn't have the benefit of "Goddell Rules."

Montana has one good TE, Brady two.

Brady had Moss. Montana had Rice. Montana had Roger Craig. Brady had Laurence Maroney.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

btw - of course Kraft is going to say that. Let me hear the news if say, Jerry Jones thinks Romo is better than Montana...then we can get a good laugh.

OH...don't think it's not coming...that comment is closer than we think...

11. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Last year was the first year Brady had his TE duo. Before that he had Ben Watson. Lol.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

montana didn't play in a league full of garbage defenses.

see this can go on forever.

bottom line is that brady does belong to be in the discussion of the greatest qb's ever but it's tough to compare guys that played so far apart.

13. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Child please.. Jones doesn't even think Romo is better than Roger or Troy.. Sheesh... Lets not cast stones at Jerry unless he opens his big butt mouth.

Not saying it won't ever happen.. But I truly believe Romo would have to win a few SB's before Jerry spouts off BS like that.

On topic..

I do believe Brady should be in the conversation of being one of the best if not the best.. But this is a different time. Pass happy league and Roger butthole Goodell has made it so hard on the defenses that most these QB's numbers are really inflated.

Not taking anything away from Brady, but IMO Montana will go down as the most clutch QB ever. ie the best ever IMO.

14. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Two different eras. Can't compare that .Brady will go down as one of the best ever, and rightfully so.

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

How do you know?

16. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

Tapegate is going to be the attack on Brady and Belichick forever, and it's already old. We're not snitching about Bountygate because our team doesn't blow goats.

17. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

The Spygate stuff was for one season? Doesn't take away what Brady did outside of that. 3 SB Wins. 5 SB appearances. As said, one of the greatest QBs of all time. But he and Montanna played in two different ERAs. Its hard to compare given rule changes, talent, etc. Both are HOF guys. Both are great at their position. We are always looking for a way to compare modern-era guys to the later-era guys. We should really just stop.

18. bossco

bossco Rookie

Montana's o-line average weight was 260. The offence was loaded with weapons and the d was staked in sf. At no fault of Brady's there has been so many rule changes that help the offensive side of the ball so it will never be a fair to compare the 2. But its Montana all the way. Go 9ers

9ers n lakers on my razr maxx(tapralk)

19. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Combined Brady and Montana went to as many Championship games as Otto Graham

And Graham made them all consecutivly

People have very short memorys when talking about G.O.A.T.'s

20. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

There's no definitive answer other than they're two of the greatest to ever play the game.
    I will say however Montana's numbers probably would have been better if he played by the Goodell 2012 Rulebook.