Roger Goodell Says He Was Ready To Suspend Colts Consultant Jim Tressel

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by BigBlueBruiser, Sep 6, 2011.

1. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Tuesday that he would have suspended Jim Tressel if the Indianapolis Colts didn't make him sit out games to start the 2011 season. The Colts announced Monday that they wouldn't use the former Ohio State coach as a replay consultant until the seventh game of the season. Tressel was forced out at Ohio State after an investigation into improper benefits received by his players, including quarterback Terrelle Pryor. "I support that decision. I think that's a wise one," Goodell said Tuesday in an interview with ESPN Radio's "Mike and Mike in the Morning." "I think it was clear that if they didn't take an appropriate action, I would have taken appropriate action," Goodell said. In Monday's statement, Colts vice chairman Bill Polian said that "questions were raised with respect to the equity of his appointment as opposed to suspensions being served this season by present and former Ohio State players." During the weekend, Colts owner Jim Irsay, coach Jim Caldwell, Polian and Tressel discussed the situation and consulted NFL officials. "At coach Tressel's suggestion, and with Mr. Irsay's ... support, we have decided to begin coach Tressel's employment effective with our seventh regular-season game (Oct. 23 at New Orleans)."

Source: ESPN

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Of course he would have...douche bag.

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Why is it his job now to enforce NCAA suspensions?

4. nixaler

nixaler Pro Bowler

Roger is a kind and fair man.

5. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

NCAA problems should remain in NCAA. Tressel should be banned from every coaching in NCAA again. That's it. No player nor coach should have any penalties in the NFL for College mistakes. It's bullcrap.

6. It was going to happen one way or another....whether we agree with it or not.

7. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I'm just going to sit over here and wait for Reggie Bush, Kellen Winslow and his Miami Cohorts to be suspended. Let me know when that happens!

8. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

Figured as much.