Roger Goodell To Suspend Ben Roethlisberger By Tuesday

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Apr 18, 2010.

1. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is expected to suspend Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger on Monday or Tuesday as a result of the recent sexual assault investigation in Milledgeville, Ga., multiple sources have indicated to Yahoo! Sports. Though the Ocmulgee Circuit District Attorney announced last Monday that Roethlisberger wouldn't be charged in the case, sources close to the quarterback said he is unlikely to fight the punishment. Roethlisberger, who apologized following last week's announcement for the negative attention the incident garnered, would prefer to put the matter to rest as quickly as possible, three sources close to him said. "Ben understands where this is going and he knows there's punishment he'll have to take," one of the aforementioned sources close to Roethlisberger said. "He knows how much this hurt the team and the league. He wants to make this right."

Source: Yahoo! Sports

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2010
  2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Good I want to know the # of games asap I still think it will be 4.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

4. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

2 games.

5. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I'm thinking anywhere from 2-4 games. I'd be shocked if it was more.

6. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

7. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

I've always felt 2-4 would be fair. 1 would be a joke, more would be very extreme.

8. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

He's gonna suspend him 4 games.

4 preseason games. lol.

9. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

indefinitely.

j/k
    2 games.

10. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

4! 4! 4!

but yeah, 2.

11. chucklehead

chucklehead Fantasy Fool

I'm gonna say it'll be 4 but IMO it should be 6. The fact this is the second time for the same offense is disturbing. We're talking possible rape/sexual assault charges here...not something like DUI.

12. flexnfx

flexnfx flexnfx

How awesome would it be for Dixon to go 4-0, Raper comes back and starts losing....

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

2 is too little

14. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Send a strong message. 8 games. Hits his pocket hard also.

15. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Make his suspension the last 4 games of the season. :icon_wink:

16. koro

koro Rookie

I think that he will be suspended for 2 games and a big economic fine.

17. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

good to hear that he has made a decision on when he is going to suspend him now it is just for how long. I see it bein 2-4 games

18. Adam Schefter: Twitter.com

19. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Updating an earlier item, Ben Roethlisberger's suspension is expected to be announced by the NFL on Wednesday, according to the Washington Post's Mark Maske. That puts the announcement one day after the 2010 schedule is unveiled, and one day before the first round of the draft. In other words, the league looks to be doing the best it can to bury the bad news.

RotoTimes.com - Ben Roethlisberger - Notes