Roger Goodell Will Reinstate Browns WR Donte Stallworth

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by BigBlueBruiser, Feb 5, 2010.

1. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte' Stallworth will be reinstated from his suspension for killing a pedestrian while driving drunk. At his annual Super Bowl-week news conference Friday, Goodell said Stallworth's suspension will be lifted after the Super Bowl on Sunday. Goodell said he met with Stallworth about a month ago, and the receiver is "in a better place than he was."

Source: National Football Post

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I approve.

3. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

So he's going to be let back in for a drinking crime while half the nation is drunk?

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Oh cool. Drive drunk and kill a human being, no big deal to Goodell. Glad to see that despite what I thought about the man previously, his priorities are clearly in the right place now.

I also love how this barely got any press compared to the Vick case, when Stallworth KILLED ANOTHER FREAKING HUMAN BEING. Not a DOG.

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Dude walked out into a high speed motorway from between two cars.

I'm still waiting for them to release video of it.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yes he did, with traffic stopped 100 feet away by a red light. Which Stallworth ran, while drunk and speeding, and instead of slamming on the brakes or swerving he flashed his lights, honked his horn, and ran the guy over. I do applaud the way he handled the situation after it happened, calling the ambulance, cooperating with the police, giving the family money, etc, but the fact remains that a man is dead mostly due to Stallworths negligence and stupidity.

7. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

if stallworth ever un-hecks his life and attitude he'll be top WR for someone