Romo Wants $30 Million Guaranteed

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by TJ, Sep 27, 2007.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

I knew it would happen. The Cowboys would've signed a lot easier in the offseason, but no!! They wanted to take the "wait and see" approach. Now he's having an all-pro season and is asking Peyton Manning money!!

I hate to say "I told you so", but I told you so!!

2. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

there's no way jerry will give him peyton manning money

3. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

How about play a full season first?

Until then, shut the heck up Tony Homo.

4. Crawl

Crawl Pro Bowler

Not worth it!

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Still bitter about last Sunday's ass-kicking, uh?

6. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I'd say Romo is worth $20-$25 million in guaranteed money at most. Funny how athletes these days light it up in their sport for a short period of time and they think they're worth a ridiculus amount of money. I remember Romo lighting it up when he took over for Bledsoe, then came down to earth after about a month. He's had a pretty good season so far but he's still got a lot of work to do if he wants to get $30 million in guaranteed money.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

$30 million ? jerry should take $10mil off just for that bothced snap in the playoffs.

8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

now lets say that JJ would have given romo that new contract before the season and lets say we were 0-3 we would have lost money and still be in a qb search i say give him a deal but bot one of manning caliber not yet. i hope they dont franchise him bc player with thet tag seem to be bitter about it

9. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

From Matt Schaub money to Peyton Manning money in just 3 weeks (and back to Schaub?). I love agents! :redface:

10. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

ehhh...just give it to him so he can start sucking again...

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

:icon_cheesygrin:

12. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

yea wat smeagles said i think romo is just playin for the money !!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

ridiculous...20 mil guaranteed at most....

14. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

He is doing well but I want to see what he does for the whole year. The cowboys would be dumb to pay him that right now 3 games in against teams that arent that great except for the bears. If he does well and wants that kind of money they would be better off slappin the franchise on his butt.

15. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

good point....he could easily go in the tank as defenses get better prepared for them.....

16. steadypimpin

yeah like last year but i somehow doubt that. I think the bumbled snap last year humbled him. He was cocky as crap before that happened. He thought he was God.

17. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

it helps when you have receivers like Owens, Glenn and Witten when your just getting your career started...

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

That's a great point. He got his 5 minutes of fame really quickly, dated pop-stars, and stuff. He needed something to help him come back to Earth.

Now he looks more fucused than last year. Let's hope he can keep it up for the whole season.

19. steadypimpin

I dont hope that, but you can :)

20. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

i don't think he is worth near that much yet