Ron Rivera Doesn't Think Panthers QB Cam Newton Will Have A Sophomore Slump

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by SRW, May 20, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Cam Newton surprised everyone with his phenomenal rookie season. The "sophomore slump" question came up in an interview Panthers coach Ron Rivera did with Joseph Person of the Charlotte Observer. "I will say this about a sophomore slump – if there’s anybody that’s going work through it, he’s going to work through it," Rivera said. "When the season was over, one of the things he said was he wanted to find a way to make sure he didn’t have one. I think the less we talk about it, the less we get caught up in it, the better. It’s like the Madden curse, he really wanted to be the cover. I think that’s the thing. Instead of running from it, saying, oh, I hope it doesn’t happen – it’s not going to happen. I’m not going to let it happen. I think that’s his approach to the sophomore slump."

Source: Charlotte Observer

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2012
  2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

All QB's do.

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

[​IMG]

Baby please.

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

hope he falls on his face so hard it disconfigures it forever

just because i dont like panther fans having any reasons to be happy

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

What is it with you and Carolina, Mike?:icon_confused:

7. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i enjoy seeing Panther fans continue to be unhappy :laughy32:

8. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I would hate to see him have a bad sophmore season I love watching this dude

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Teams will learn how to disguise it's defensive coverage. He still can't make a read and he will get destroyed. Any time last year he played a solid defense, he struggled.

10. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

Rivera better hope he ONLY has a sophomore slump and not a Junior, Senior slump as well. If he does Rivera might have a slump..in the unemployment line.

11. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Great point.

12. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Ya we'll see if he can continue to be successful now that teams have had a year to see his game.