Ron Rivera Hire Doomed Panthers GM Marty Hurney, Sources Say

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by SRW, Oct 28, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Panthers general manager Marty Hurney was fired Monday after the team's fourth straight defeat and one of the reasons is that he hired Ron Rivera as head coach in 2011, which league sources say was against the reservations of owner Jerry Richardson, Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports.

Rivera knows his job status is being evaluated week-to-week.

The entire staff fears their own jobs are on the same timeline.

Rivera said last week that Carolina's final 10 games are "an evaluation process" and he hasn't ruled out firing assistant coaches or cutting players for underperforming.

"In a situation like this, when action is being taken it doesn't mean the action has stopped," Rivera said. "By no means is it over."

Source: The Redzone

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

cut Cam first. Or trade him to the Raiders for 6 first round picks and rebuild.

3. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Wait...why cut Cam? I don't understand. You cut him and this team has no fighting chance.

Quit all the Cam hate, yes, the guy was cocky in college and he's a little cocky now, but come on, I think people are just so ready to declare themselves right about him that they overlook the fact that he's doing a decent job despite shoddy play calling and a lackluster WR core. Steve Smith is his only legit weapon, and he's aging. Brandon LaFell is coming along, but is he really a #2 WR?

Two running backs who can get the job done, and until this week, they weren't getting many carries.

You guys gotta let the Cam hate go

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

3 RBs and Cam...and they don't commit to the run...lol.

5. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

the reason I don't like Cam because he is a Panther. Same reason I hate the Falcons.

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I don't like Cam because everyone was all over his nuts because he was a fantasy football god, yet his TEAM would still lose.

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, hang on Blaze. quite often, you and i are on the same page. you are usually pretty level-headed but in this case i disagree with your assessment.

most QB's would LOVE to have any wr as good as steve smith and rb's as good as the panthers have.

there are QB's in this league that are making a LOT more happen with a lot less than cam has. his cupboard is not bare at all.

he is NOT playing as well this season and the main reason is because the league has made adjustments to him after having a season of film to study. we will have to see if he can mature and re-adjust to become successful again.