Rumor: Carl Crawford To The Miami Marlins For Hanley Ramirez And Heath Bell

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by themush, Jul 18, 2012.

1. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

The Miami Marlins have approached the Boston Red Sox about a blockbuster trade that would send left fielder Carl Crawford and a prospect to South Florida for infielder Hanley Ramirez and closer Heath Bell, according to three officials with knowledge of the talks who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because negotiations are ongoing.The trade would involve three All-Star players signed to contracts guaranteeing $239 million, making it the second-biggest swap of contracts in baseball history. The 2004 trade that sent Alex Rodriguez to the New York Yankees from the Texas Rangers for Alfonso Soriano involved more than $257 million in contracts, including Rodriguez's 10-year, $252 million deal that he was three seasons into. Crawford, a four-time All-Star, is in the second year of an seven-year, $142 million deal, which is a record for an outfielder. Ramirez, a three-time All-Star and former batting champion, is in the fourth year of a six-year, $70 million contract.

Source USA Today

2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Freaking Red Sox and their freaking bottomless wallet.

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Screw them god dammit, I'll be pissed when this happens. At least I can ignore baseball for a while and just go see The Dark Knight Rises 20-30 times instead..

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Yeah I call bullcrap on this.

5. InfinitePulse

InfinitePulse disgusted.

Sounds really far-fetched...

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Marlins don't need another outfielder. Especially one as overpaid as Crawford unless the Red Sox will pay most of his salary.

7. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

I cant see anyone trading Hanley unless he is a FA next year and they're looking to get something for him now?

8. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

i dont see this happening